Sign in to follow this  
arminus

Disabling default ATC, avoid ambient sound drops

Hi,

when flying around busy airports, the ambient sound (environment, engines) frequently drops to almost 0. My guess is that this is related to FSX's default ATC doing its thing in the background, at least it sort of correlates with what I see in the default ATC window. Based on what I found in forums so far, I turned the voice volume down to off and 0 (no need for it anyway, since I use Pro ATC X), but that doesn't seem to be enough. Is there anything else I can do to avoid these "silent periods"?

Thanks,

Armin

As well as the "Sound" setting for the voices, have you turned off all ATC options (Pilot voices, pop up dialogue options etc) in the "General" settings too?

This should stop all ATC triggers within FS.

Ok, tried it but I think there's something else going on, with the following settings I still get those "sound drops":

NzPqcxD.png

ub28lwZ.png

I have 2 add-ons active, Pro ATC X and Aerosoft's Airbus X 320, didn't see anything there which would explain this. The effect is basically a tune down of the entire volume to ~ 5% (barely audible), then after a while it goes back to normal.

Then you have volume equalization or similar option turned On in your sound card options.

If you running Windows 7 do the following:

1) Right click on the speaker icon on your task tray and select Playback Devices

2) Click on the Communications tab

3) Set the radio button to Do Nothing

4) Click OK

Done.