Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The 'hybrid' VECTOR solution...well, sort of...

You have FTX Vector.

You also have UTX v2.0.

You also have UTX Canada (Legacy)

------------------------------------------------------

You like features of both programs...and want to combine the best features of the two into your one vector solution.

Yeah...you would...but you can't.  Here I am, checking out the latest FTX GLOBAL Airport Pack 20, and took off out of Thunder Bay (CYQT -Ontario, Canada) and VFR'ing down the coast of Lake Superior, with Highway 17 always in sight....

Well, I have FTX Vector running the show for this flight, as FTX Vector's frozen water graphics is a MUST HAVE to complete 'immersion' for hard winter.  While it's a personal opinion in play that I like the UTX solution for roadway treatments, shoulders, and highway infrastructure, you can not 'combine the two' and have the fabulous frozen water graphics of FTX Vector alongside UTX v2.0.   Das just the way it is....  :wacko:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/nOt

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/nOl

So, my home-farm-grown 'solution' and decision, is to use in the winter months (where frozen water would be expected) FTX Vector, and when Spring, Summer,Fall comes...re-tick the UTX scenery lib settings...and carry on.  I hope that UTX in a SP pack, will consider adding a frozen water graphic solution, just as FSX Vector has.  To have a very pleasing display of FSX Global 'hard winter' being put upon the screen...and then you fly over azure blue open water bodies...just blows the entire deal

Post Edit:  It has been pointed out to me that UTX DOES have a frozen (ice graphic) water solution. See down the thread....

BTW, FTX Global's airport pack 20's Thunder Bay...is simply, excellent.  The detail is amazing as you either 'BOB' around, or at taxi.  For anybody that hesitates to buy FTX Global because of the $100.00 asking price...must take into consideration, all the support and free-to-the-purchaser offerings that FTX/ORBX gives beyond the initial installation.  That so mitigates the initial price...that I can't in my mind, even now 'tag on' what Global 'really' cost me in terms of value. One thing that marks ORBX above most...is how MUCH they support their products, and how MUCH they support their clientele.  Pretty much, nothing compares, in my mind. The Airport Packs, are simply, first rate, and they keep coming.  Thank you, ORBX Team!  Each one is greatly anticipated, and enjoyed. 

MItch

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm surprised that UTX v2.0 doesn't have the option to freeze lakes; I have UTX Canada v1.2 and I have the options of freezing the lakes.

I'm surprised that UTX v2.0 doesn't have the option to freeze lakes; I have UTX Canada v1.2 and I have the options of freezing the lakes.

You do?!?!?!?!   Did I miss that...for I have that as well. (UTX Canada v1.2)

Please point me to where in the Set Up program, I'd achieve that!!!!

Thanks!

In the UTX Setup Tool. Select the Ultimate Terrain->Change Assigned Water Textures menu option and then press the Hard Winter (Ice) button.

In the UTX Setup Tool. Select the Ultimate Terrain->Change Assigned Water Textures menu option and then press the Hard Winter (Ice) button.

THANK YOU!  :P