Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Quick (quick) Installation Tip;-)

With all the talk about the new Steam version of FSX, I noticed a number of people state how fed up they are having to use the DVDs every time they reinstall.

Simple solution.... Don't;-)

Until I got Acronis Backup, I probably use to reinstall FSX anything up to 6 or 8 times a year!!!!!

Just 'copy & paste' ALL the files from the DVD's into a folder that's kept somewhere on your PC.  I just use a normally switched off dead storage HDD.

Installing FSX from there is MASSIVELY faster and simpler than from DVD media.

I know it sounds stupidly simple, but sometimes I can be pretty stupidly simple;-)))

(insert the "what he said" emoticon here)

My FSX DVDs are copied together into one directory of my storage hard drive alongside another directory for Acceleration.

You still (obviously) need to activate the product with Microsoft, but there are no issues at all with installing from the copied directories. As you might imagine, it is ridiculously fast.