Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Saitek Panels & Airbus 320/321

Hi There,

I have decided to give Linda a try so I can start using my Saitek hardware on more aircraft. I have been able to get some functions working but have some weird problems. I am using the latest Aerosoft A320/321 and have managed to get the heading function to work on my Saitek multipanel but it doesn't stay in sync with the aircraft and seems to skip increments very quickly no matter how slowly I turn the control

I have tried both the heading and heading fast options but both seem to be the same. I occasionally get an error message about an MCP config file not being found. Not sure if this is the problem

Can anyone offer a tutorial on how to setup my panels with the Aerosoft bus?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Merry Christmas to all

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Hi Richard

Welcome to the LINDA community. Before I can help answer your questions can I check what version of LINDA and Aerosoft Airbus module you have downloaded. If you are using the latest Airbus A318/319/320/321 then I recommend you use the new LINDA 2.5.5 and Airbus 4.2 which were uploaded last night.

You should also go into the LINDA MCP setup page ans Disabled the MCP panel by unchecking the tick box. This should stop your error messages.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you Scot,

It would appear that I need to update both Linda & the airbus plugin.

I am current;y on Linda 2.5 & Airbus 4.0

Hopefully I will have time to give these new versions a try over the next few days

Regards

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Hi Richard

Yes, load the latest version (2.5.5 and 4.2).  I have been looking past comments on the Saitek Multi Panel.  LINDA does not provide a direct output to the panel LEDs as the interface is not published. You will probably need the Saitek software to output to the LEDs.  However, I believe LINDA can read and action the buttons and knobs to which can assign functions from the available module and libraries.  That said the radio controls have a number of hidden default functions that you will need to call from bespoke functions in your user.lua or user-lib.lua file.  You may need to write these but I can give you some pointers.

Let me know how you get on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew