Sign in to follow this  
Timberleaf

Painting NGX 900 WL

In my first attempt to paint the NGX 900 WL, I have had success all around except with the first section windows. There seems to be a misalignment  of the windows. It there something I am missing? Everything seems to line up except the windows.

I know that the 800 paint is slightly shorter, therein it has to be taken into consideration when decals/words are used in section 1. But, what about the 900? Is that the case, as well? I would love to post a picture of what I am talking about, but I don't see how to do that on this forum.

The "alpha channel" of the texture controls where the window openings appear on the model in the sim.

In Photoshop (or whatever program you are using) you need to make sure the alpha channel is 'black' where there are windows and 'white' where there are blanks.

You can always use the alpha channel from a forward fuselage texture of another -900 paint as a place to start.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D