Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Yoke and Throttles gone mad - help needed

I have the Throttletek throttles, PFC yoke and Saitek rudder pedals.  For 4 years they worked perfectly.  Then yesterday, something went wrong.

When I turn the yoke, the left engine's power increased, when I advanced the throttles, the reverse thruster activated,  Everything is so wacked out  I spent 3 hours trying to re-configure axis in FSX and make sure they were properly assigned.  I think they are good now.  But yoke only allows me left turns (may be a hardware issue), but throttles just give me wacky control.  Their calibration and set up in FSUIPC look perfect.  I get stable and full range of motion on throttles calibration page.

Any ideas of how to proceed?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Paul

Just back to the basics first.

Does your yoke have the hall effects sensors ,if not ,pot could be gone ,support call to PFC may be needed.

There would not be any chance you have settings for a controller in both FSUIPC and FSX, FSX can sometimes sneak the settings back in. Many would have controller disabled in FSX .

Have you tried disconnecting all but the yoke and see if something else is the problem.

Simple ideas but sometimes those are what we miss.

After long hours getting most things back to order - I have 1 serious issue.

I have Throttletek throttles with reverse levers.

It appears that now idle is actually 2" of the full 5 inches motion in the throttles.  Any action down from the 2" point sends the engines into reverse.  I need to move the throttles back to almost the 2" position to get it back to idle.

I also have a PFC throttles (old but still good).  They work fine and don't have this problem.  The key is to get the throttles to idle at zero position. 

They are calibrated and show -16,200 to + 16,200 for the full range of motion.

Again newest registered version FSUIPC.  How do I get engines to idle at throttle idle position?