Sign in to follow this  
Guest B1900 Mech

Miami airport runways renumbered

Looks like the runways at MIA have finally been changed. 9R-27L becomes 9/279L-27R becomes 8R/26L8/26 becomes 8L/26R12/30 is unchanged.Below is a copy of the press release from the miami airport website. As a side note does any have or has anyone seen pictures of the completed work at concourse D? It's open and functional and AA is using it already, I'm trying to get pics for Martin from flytampa so he can update the Miami scenery, any help would be appreciated!Jason DiazMIAMI, FL

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This may seem crazy, but I recall when I first got FS2004 the new runways was nowhere to be seen. I remember thinking this was strange because the program was released a few months before that runway way to open.Sure enough a few weeks ago when flying out of MIA (in FS2004) the ruwnay was there. Did MS program in a date for the runway to appear or am I losing my mind?/D

Hmmm that's possible and if it's done that then that's definetely pretty cool!I know MS alters some things when you change dates in certain regions, I remember in an older version of FS you could see the Berlin wall still up if you want back prior to its fall.I'm currently running the awesome Fly Tampa - Miami scenery so I haven't noticed if MS default changed cuz the Miami fly tampa scenery includes runway 8 but definetely what you said is possible, try turning back the date a year or so and see if the runway disappearsP.S. Has anyone seen any external photos of the North Terminal Concourse D completion? I've checked on airliners and jetphotos and find it out that no one has an uploaded aerial shot of this area yet.Jason

>P.S. Has anyone seen any external photos of the North>Terminal Concourse D completion? I've checked on airliners>and jetphotos and find it out that no one has an uploaded>aerial shot of this area yet.I haven't found anything neither... ;(Bruno Francescoli Student Pilot-KOPF-PA28-161

>This may seem crazy, but I recall when I first got FS2004 the>new runways was nowhere to be seen. I remember thinking this>was strange because the program was released a few months>before that runway way to open.>>Sure enough a few weeks ago when flying out of MIA (in FS2004)>the ruwnay was there. Did MS program in a date for the runway>to appear or am I losing my mind?>>/DI'd say so, you must have added an updated AFCAD file. I just opened my Default KMIA AFCAD and the runway is not there...:)

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Why didn't they name them 9/27 right,center and left,they all have the same runway headings, 091.6/271.6 degrees? Oh, I forgot, were dealing with the FAA:-roll