Sign in to follow this  
twincessna340a

737 NGX APU Controls

I'm having issues with the APU switch. I can assign a button for it to turn off 'NGX APU OFF', however I can't get the switch to move to 'ON' or 'START' which is the assignment I want to make.

Thanks!

I'm using LINDA 2.5.7 with NGX 3.2

- Ike Callaway

Hi twincessna

This is not my favourite aeroplane. The 3 functions you need to operate the APU are: NGX_APU_off, NGX_APU_on and NGX_APU_Start_or_ShowEGT (all in the Electrics section). These control the 3 position switch for the APU.

As I said, this is not my aeroplane and I only started the APU once on a number attempts but these are the correct functions. I would write to Boeing or PMDG to find out how the switch starts the APU. Remember the APU will take a while to windup.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I know how the switch works, it just won't recognize the input. Works in my PMDG 777, but not in the NGX.

As I said 'NGX_APU_off' button assignment works but the others won't.

- Ike Callaway

Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted the functions not that the switch operation was not having the expected effect. I will investigate further.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi

After some tests with Linda 2.5.7 and module 777NGX 3.2, the APU switch is working well here.

I can assign all the five functions to buttons and make them work.

Take care that if EGT temp is greater than 0 C the Start function will not work.

To move to Start from OFF you need to push ON button twice if you use APU INC function.

Michel

Michel Veréb