Sign in to follow this  
larshgf

Flightstick recomandation for GA flying on laptop

Hi,

(1)

I dont have Space for yoke and pedals. I fly GA aircrafts with my laptop. I am looking for recommandations for a flightstick. ??

(2)

I have just bought a Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 Flightstick, but my Cessna has a tendency turning to the left all the time. So I am not satisfied with this stick so far. I have tried to calibrate the stick with out luck. Any ideas for solution?

BR

Lars

Hi Lars,

I have the FLY 5 and have similar issues when on the ground, I've tried calibrating in and out of the sim and nothing helps, so I've resorted to turning NWS off most of the time and turning it back on only when I need it.

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help, but thats the best I can do at the moment

Shane

Not sure of budget but i can highly recommend the thrustmaster warthog had for 2 years and is absolutley brilliant.

A cheaper option is look at fsuipc and calibrate your stick without using fsx calibration its buggy at best hope you get it sorted

I've got the Saitek X52-Pro and it's been doing a very good job for the past 4 years now. I've had a couple of budget models from Saitek, among which the F.L.Y. 5, and I found the springs to be quite strong, making it hard to handle slight adjustments, but the X52-Pro is very flexible, yet stable, and makes the smallest adjustments very smooth. Also the throttle has a lot better control and much more functions. I think it's a very nice model for a mid-range price.

Cheers!

Maarten