Sign in to follow this  
ricktorbe

KSEA- Please check

Guys,

I have an issue with KSEA. I recently reinstalled FSX on my system; however, KSEA has some horrific raised terrain on the taxiways and runways... This is the only airport with this problem. So, I was wondering if FSX comes with a default KSEA? Can someone please check their scenery library and see if there's a default KSEA on the list, pls?

I currently have latest versions of ORBX PNW (and Global Base), and Vector. Everything else is fine except the very airport itself. Terrain is raised so high that the runways are buried. Not sure what's causing this.

Mine doesn't. Do you have any .bgls with KSEA in your main FSX folder? 

Do you have FTX Global Vector installed?

If so, disable KSEA in the AEC in the FTX Vector Config tool.

If not, you may have a bad install of the terrain file, and if so I believe the only thing you can do (short of taking the file apart) is to try a reinstall. 

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Mine doesn't. Do you have any .bgls with KSEA in your main FSX folder? 

Hi Jordan, yes I do. I did a search for  KSEA and it comes up with 7 different ones; they are all under the ORBX folder...

- ORBX\FTX_Vector_V

- ORBX\FTX\_NA\FTX_NA_P

Do you have FTX Global Vector installed?

If so, disable KSEA in the AEC in the FTX Vector Config tool.

If not, you may have a bad install of the terrain file, and if so I believe the only thing you can do (short of taking the file apart) is to try a reinstall. 

Hi Dave,

Last night I did a complete install of PNW but that made no difference.

Let me try to disable KSEA in  the Vector config tool.

Last night I did a complete install of PNW but that made no difference.

Let me try to disable KSEA in the Vector config tool.

I just rebuilt my sim and had the same thing happen.  The Vector tool resolved it for me.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Resolved:      That did, Dave. I disabled KSEA in Vector and it's all back to normal. Goodness I spent several hours last night trying to fix it.

Thank you both, guys.

I just rebuilt my sim and had the same thing happen.  The Vector tool resolved it for me.

Yes sir- that fixed it.. Thank you.

That did, Dave. I disabled KSEA in Vector and it's all back to normal. Goodness I spent several hours last night trying to fix it.

You are most welcome.

So that you know, this problem is pretty well documented on the ORBX site... might have saved you a few hours effort, but please don't take that to mean that I mind helping, not at all.  Just passing info along.

IMPORTANT:

Since I focus pretty heavily on Shared Cockpit, I contacted the ORBX developers during Vector's development to ensure we had a way of resolving this issue when say a pilot had Vector and the copilot didn't.  Happily they provided he AEC tool, which also benefits those flying on VATSIM.

Give me a few minutes to create a Matrix that will be of GREAT HELP to those who have Vector and fly on VATSIM.... I'll post it here just as soon as it's created. I meant to do that a while ago, and forgot to.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Guys,

I've created the Matrix for how to use FTX Global Vector Airport Elevation Correction (AEC) when flying on VATSIM and flying Shared Cockpit (whether online or offline).  I've also added a little narrative to help understand how aircraft can be seen above or below the airport surface, and the Matrix should help pilots correct this before it becomes a problem.

I couldn't figure out how to add a PDF document to this post, and a graphic was a little blurry, so I uploaded the PDF document to my DropBox.  You can obtain the Matrix (PDF document) HERE.

Hope you find this helpful!

Dave Hodges