Sign in to follow this  
James8133

How to record a video with the PMDG 777

Hello,

So I recently came up with this amazing idea to make a PMDG 777 music video. I have seen other people make these amazing PMDG videos and post them on their YouTube channel. I've always wondered how do they do it? Does anybody know HOW to record a video with the PMDG 777?

Sincerely,

James

James Stump

Use a recording program such as FRAPS, OBS (open source, Kyle uses this), Bandicam, or if you have a qualifying Nvidia graphics card you can use Shadowplay.

FRAPS has perfect recording quality with the sacrifice of extremely large file sizes. I have not used OBS personally but from a few videos I've seen on Kyle's channel (Scandanavian13) it looks pretty good.

And it looks like your graphics card is compatible with Nvidia ShadowPlay so that would also be a good choice. To get ShadowPlay you need to download Nvidia Geforce Experience and then it will be in there

I've recorded some with FRAPS and some with ShadowPlay. To record them just press the recording hotkey (mine for FRAPS is F9) then it will start recording.

Will I notice a drop in fps? I know that with FS Recorder, it doesn't work well with PMDG at all?

James Stump

With Shadowplay I get no FPS drop and in FRAPS I get a drop of about 4-5 FPS. FS recorder doesn't work well with PMDG aircraft because of the advanced animations

Yeah... I noticed that when I recorded my flight with FS Recorder. After I stopped recording, I played back the video and it didn't seem to work right. I pushed record when I was pushing back from the gate. So when I played back the video, it didn't pushback like it was supposed to do.

James Stump

I've recorded some with FRAPS and some with ShadowPlay. To record them just press the recording hotkey (mine for FRAPS is F9) then it will start recording.

I downloaded the Shadowplay and recorded the FSX video. When I was editing the video, the quality of Shadowplay SUCKED! It was so bad that I COULDN"T see the plane CLEARLY...

James Stump

What bitrate do you have shadowplay set to? Did you record in windowed or full screen

There's obviously something wrong with your Shadowplay. You have to launch it from Nvidia GeForce Experience. I mean, Shadowplay, IMO has the BEST video quality.