Sign in to follow this  
klamal

Feelthere E-Jets in P3D?

Hello,

Well, the title says it all.  I'm wondering if anyone can share their experience with these aircraft in P3D?  I'm leaning towards the 135/145 as they seem to be slightly better or "more polished" based on some quick searches that I've done.  Open to opinions though.  If the 175/195 is better in P3D then I would go that route.  Can I point the installer anywhere making for an easy install into P3D(I don't have migration tool and have done all scenery/aircraft installs myself so far with no issues)?  Does everything work ok?

Any overall impressions?  Are they worth it?  From what I've read, they appear to be pretty good aircraft with the only exception being the dated graphics of the V/C.  Other than that, they appear to be good - flight model, systems depth, etc.

I know Aerosoft has their CRJ coming out soon and I will definitely get that once it's released.  But, I'm not holding my breathe for any time soon either.

Thank you in advance for your time/help.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

:)  Planes run GREAT in P3D.  Have a look at this flight I made in the ERJ-145.  I had no issues installing it but then I used the Migration tool to do the installation.   You missed your chance to get a super deal on the ERJ Regional during Christmas.  It was almost half off.   Even at full price though my verdict after reviewing it is it is worth the full price of admission to fly this zippy regional liner.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

You missed your chance to get a super deal on the ERJ Regional during Christmas.

Yeah, I know.  It's been on my 'to buy' if I have some extra $$ for a long time.  I almost pulled the trigger then but didn't.  Wish I did.  Was debating waiting for another sale but that might be a while.

Thanks for the video link...watching it now.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I've also excellent experience with the EMB series 1 and 2, as well as the ERJ series 2, in P3D.

I wouldn't call the graphics dated, VC included, either.  Use wisely the Config. Manager.

I used the Estonia Migration Tool to install successfully.

Thanks for the comments guys...I just bought it today and have done one flight already.  So far, I'm definitely liking it.  The VC graphics are not the best and I had a problem actually shutting down the engines - maybe because my throttles(Saitek throttle quadrant) weren't all the way to idle?  Not sure there.  So, I am still in the early phases of getting everything configured and learning to fly it but I think I'm going to like this plane!

I ended up buying the migration tool too as my first install would no longer allow me to load a saved flight with this aircraft.  So, I uninstalled/reinstalled w/ migration tool and now it seems to be working ok.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Thanks for the comments guys...I just bought it today and have done one flight already.  So far, I'm definitely liking it.  The VC graphics are not the best and I had a problem actually shutting down the engines - maybe because my throttles(Saitek throttle quadrant) weren't all the way to idle?  Not sure there.  So, I am still in the early phases of getting everything configured and learning to fly it but I think I'm going to like this plane!

I ended up buying the migration tool too as my first install would no longer allow me to load a saved flight with this aircraft.  So, I uninstalled/reinstalled w/ migration tool and now it seems to be working ok.

Welcome to the world of Regional flying.  :)

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Welcome to the world of Regional flying.  :)

Thanks!  This plane is pretty nice.  It's really maybe just a VC update away from being really, really good.  Should have never passed on the specials before!

Installing w/ the migration tool seems to have fixed my failure to shut down the engines too.  My second flight, they shut down just fine.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Thanks!  This plane is pretty nice.  It's really maybe just a VC update away from being really, really good.  Should have never passed on the specials before!

Installing w/ the migration tool seems to have fixed my failure to shut down the engines too.  My second flight, they shut down just fine.

Awesome.  The only issue I have is with the ERJ145X.   The Fuel Pump knobs are not physically in the right place, creating black holes in the overhead panel.  This is an easy fix.  I just have to go into the PANEL.CFG file and adjust the location of them but I don't know why they didn't install properly in the first place.    

I agree the VC needs just a little love.  It's not ugly but just a little more detail would make this product shine.   I would also like the texture maps to be higher resolution and maybe a few more polygons on the model but then we wouldn't get such awesome performance out of this moderately detailed aircraft simulation.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Awesome.  The only issue I have is with the ERJ145X.   The Fuel Pump knobs are not physically in the right place, creating black holes in the overhead panel.  This is an easy fix.  I just have to go into the PANEL.CFG file and adjust the location of them but I don't know why they didn't install properly in the first place.    

I agree the VC needs just a little love.  It's not ugly but just a little more detail would make this product shine.   I would also like the texture maps to be higher resolution and maybe a few more polygons on the model but then we wouldn't get such awesome performance out of this moderately detailed aircraft simulation.

Is that the one with the winglets or without?  I've only flown the one with and don't notice any problems with anything being out of place or mis-aligned.

I totally agree with you on the VC, texture maps polygons etc.  I'm not an ERJ pilot and it's been a long time since I've even ridden in one as a passenger, but this is a really fun plane to fly.

You know, I see all these posts looking for a good business jet in P3D and I wonder why there are not many mentions for these planes.  I know they aren't really a business jet, but...The 135 isn't that much bigger than most business jets out there and these are already descent all the way around.  Unlike the Carenado Phenom and from what I'm hearing, their new Cessna, these at least have some pretty good depth to them too and aren't just a pretty bunch of pixels to look at.

Have you tried the 175/195?  I've read elsewhere that they aren't quite as good as the 135/145.  Is that true?  Wouldn't argue with getting them the next time they go on sale.

Oh, one more thing, have you found many repaints for the 135/145?  I'd rather not buy the liveries when most planes out there have many liveries available for free(though to be fair, I guess that's because painters not affiliated with the company do them in their own time).

Thanks again for the recommendation and the video!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I have not tried them yet but they are on my To Buy list.  I watched about an hour worth of footage.   It looks the same quality as the 135/145.   

The ERJ-145X with Winglets is where I have my cockpit knobs out of whack.

I bought the McPHAT Texture pack with my ERJ purchase as it was discounted during Christmas in a bundle package on top of the 40% off.  :)  You missed the train.

I am sure there are paints in the AVSIM library.  I'd just like to get my hands on the re-paint kit as I do livery painting, mostly on the 737 but I want to start working on Airbuses and ERJ/CRJ aircraft.

Is that the one with the winglets or without?  I've only flown the one with and don't notice any problems with anything being out of place or mis-aligned.

I totally agree with you on the VC, texture maps polygons etc.  I'm not an ERJ pilot and it's been a long time since I've even ridden in one as a passenger, but this is a really fun plane to fly.

You know, I see all these posts looking for a good business jet in P3D and I wonder why there are not many mentions for these planes.  I know they aren't really a business jet, but...The 135 isn't that much bigger than most business jets out there and these are already descent all the way around.  Unlike the Carenado Phenom and from what I'm hearing, their new Cessna, these at least have some pretty good depth to them too and aren't just a pretty bunch of pixels to look at.

Have you tried the 175/195?  I've read elsewhere that they aren't quite as good as the 135/145.  Is that true?  Wouldn't argue with getting them the next time they go on sale.

Oh, one more thing, have you found many repaints for the 135/145?  I'd rather not buy the liveries when most planes out there have many liveries available for free(though to be fair, I guess that's because painters not affiliated with the company do them in their own time).

Thanks again for the recommendation and the video!

100454.png

Brian Navy

I have not tried them yet but they are on my To Buy list.  I watched about an hour worth of footage.   It looks the same quality as the 135/145.

Yeah, next time they go on sale, I'm buying too.

The ERJ-145X with Winglets is where I have my cockpit knobs out of whack.

Interesting.  I have no problems with that.

I bought the McPHAT Texture pack with my ERJ purchase as it was discounted during Christmas in a bundle package on top of the 40% off.  :)  You missed the train.

Yeah, I know...if you see a sale on any of the repaints or the 175/195, let me know.  :)

I am sure there are paints in the AVSIM library.  I'd just like to get my hands on the re-paint kit as I do livery painting, mostly on the 737 but I want to start working on Airbuses and ERJ/CRJ aircraft.

Have you seen this: https://fsbrasil.wordpress.com/2010/03/04/paintkit-erjv2/  I haven't downloaded any of it yet so I don't know if they are any good or any of the links are active.  But, that could be your paint kit.  I'm going to try too later...

Update, these are here on avsim:  http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004acrp&DLID=145011

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Me again...I did my first night flight yesterday and my VC looked well, not good.  Not sure how to describe it really but turning on the cockpit lights made it appear almost like it lost the grey color textures and instead it's like I just see the 'lit' or yellow textures that I'm thinking may be the "lighting" texture that should sit behind or underneath the regular cockpit texture, if that makes any sense.

I'm just curious how yours is at night?  I haven't bought the McPhat liveries yet.  I am using freeware for Delta Connection 145XR N11176.  Not sure if it's the paint or my system(I'll try a different one sometime too).  Also, this paint is pretty dark colored...the white isn't so much white but grey.  I wonder if McPhat's Delta livery is actually white?

Also, one more thing, did you fix the contact points in the aircraft.cfg so the jetway lines up correctly?  I see some posts regarding this issue but no exact fix.  Guess I can just play around til I find the right ones but if you've already done it, maybe you can save me some work?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

The night lighting has MUCH to be desired.   It's either FULL BLAST or nothing.  There is no inbetween.  I rarely fly the ERJ at night because of this.   The McPhat liveries are spot on.  They better be since you are spending money on them.

I have not really noticed jetways not lining up since I usually start up in a PARKING spot rather than a SMALL Jetway area.   I'll have a look see.

Me again...I did my first night flight yesterday and my VC looked well, not good.  Not sure how to describe it really but turning on the cockpit lights made it appear almost like it lost the grey color textures and instead it's like I just see the 'lit' or yellow textures that I'm thinking may be the "lighting" texture that should sit behind or underneath the regular cockpit texture, if that makes any sense.

I'm just curious how yours is at night?  I haven't bought the McPhat liveries yet.  I am using freeware for Delta Connection 145XR N11176.  Not sure if it's the paint or my system(I'll try a different one sometime too).  Also, this paint is pretty dark colored...the white isn't so much white but grey.  I wonder if McPhat's Delta livery is actually white?

Also, one more thing, did you fix the contact points in the aircraft.cfg so the jetway lines up correctly?  I see some posts regarding this issue but no exact fix.  Guess I can just play around til I find the right ones but if you've already done it, maybe you can save me some work?

100454.png

Brian Navy