Sign in to follow this  

Carenado Citation II S550 at Palm Springs

Oops, looks like I posted my GoFlight module files in the other thread ... sorry, see here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459970-citation-ii-s550-the-potential-bugs-thread/?p=3159063

Here are the links from that thread: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Q-fAfEZwyeUc3VEJEa1VHbXM/view?usp=sharing

First cut (I will most likely update), I'm not entirely sure I got the AP working "as designed" but maybe someone with actual experience with the 550's AP can chime in and help?  I couldn't find any indication for setting IAS and resorted to the standard P3D/FSX SC events/vars.

Yes they will work with FSX.  You do need to have Steve's GIT tool here:  http://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/goflight-interface-tool.html (high recommend you donate as Steve has been keeping the product updates coming including FSX:SE support in addition to P3D and FSX).

These are the files I included:

Settings.xml  (merge, do NOT overwrite - this is your "master" file that will contain other aircraft/settings)

BespokeEvents.xml (merge, do NOT overwrite)

BespokeVariables.xml (merge, do NOT overwrite)

Carenado S550_Citation_II.xml  (import ... this should setup values in BespokeEvents.xml and BespokeVariables.xml so you can avoid doing the manual merge for those files)

Carenado S550_Citation_II_GFEFIS.xml (import)

Carenado S550_Citation_II_GFMCPPRO.xml (import)

For the SECM, MESM, EFIS, MCP-Pro they are straight forward, but for and RP48, P8, WP6, T8, or DIO then one probably needs to set those up "as desired" because what I have and what other's have will certainly not be the same.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: on a side note, I have no idea why GoFlight just doesn't hire someone to do this for new aircraft that are released ... the additional sales they would get from a "canned" solution to their modules would provide far more revenue than the cost to do the files.  It takes me about 2 days with my setup, but an experienced person could probably get it done in 4-8 hours pending aircraft complexity (of course some aircraft like the Q400 has only some functionality).  Heck if they targeted just MESM, SECM, EFIS, and MCP-Pro that's about 2-4 hours total per aircraft.  Anyway, I have brought this up with GoFlight before and they didn't think it was worth the effort and just let users do it ... that would be great if a lot of users were doing it, but they aren't.

Thanks Rob, that is great detail.

From the above, I guess you did in fact upgrade to the MCP-Pro.  It's a nice piece of kit.  It kept me flying the rather unpopular Feel There 737 for some years as one of the few aircraft with built-in support for it.

Agree absolutely with your comments about poor software upgrade support from GF for new aircraft.  I think they are really missing significant sales  here.

Bryn

I think they are really missing significant sales

Me too ... and that's not just my opinion I shared with them, it's coming from considerable feedback I've received from others sources across the net.  

Cheers, Rob.