Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Anyone using Skymaxx Pro Sky Colors or other offerings?

I'm using the Hazy Day Medium Contrast preset, but I actually like the default X-Plane sky colors too, especially with RTH. In RTH I'm using these settings:

DSwPk.jpg

Here are some examples of what it looks like

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457332-bremerton-to-ranger-creek-in-a-bonanza-x-plane/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457448-just-picked-up-the-carenado-saratoga-for-x-plane/

Sky colors, clouds, haze etc. is really a matter of personal opinion. Some what a milky white sky, others want a deep blue, or something in between. Same with clouds - white puffy clouds, grey dirty ones etc.

What numbers are you using for your "Lights Setting" ? Thanks.

Like the question mark; makes it seem like you're not sure yourself if you appreciate the input and help:)

Let us know how you get on.

Sorry about that SE. No, not at all ,that's just me thinking one thing and writing another LOL.  I get scatter brained sometimes. Please excuse. 

Thanks for your help!

Bob

I'm using the Hazy Day Medium Contrast preset, but I actually like the default X-Plane sky colors too, especially with RTH. In RTH I'm using these settings:

DSwPk.jpg

Here are some examples of what it looks like

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457332-bremerton-to-ranger-creek-in-a-bonanza-x-plane/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457448-just-picked-up-the-carenado-saratoga-for-x-plane/

Sky colors, clouds, haze etc. is really a matter of personal opinion. Some what a milky white sky, others want a deep blue, or something in between. Same with clouds - white puffy clouds, grey dirty ones etc.

Hey Jimmie, thanks a bunch. I will try to get it installed this weekend, but I have errands and running around today, and  NFL football playoffs tomorrow. Maybe Monday. I will check back with my findings. So far RTH is getting some good comments.

Bob

OK, I am confused

I copied the FlyWithLua folder to the proper location in XP

I downloaded 3.0 (there was an rc1 and rc2 version also) so it said 3.0 was final.

The readme installation of RTH is missing something as I have no idea what it is saying, see below

There is no lua file in the plugin Flywithlua Scripts folder except "stupid bubble test.lua" and "please read the manual.lua"

Not sure what to do. Did I download the right files?

To install:

copy the lua file in the Scripts folder of the plugin Flywithlua. Delete any other file mingling with the 
atmospheric effects

If you have installed Sky Maxx Pro, the shadows of the clouds will not be displayed. 

The GUI can be accessed by clicking the "RTH" tab on the middle left of the screen.

It toggles different RGB/gains settings on off, the debug HUD on off and lets you offset RGB and gains by using the 
mousewheel while hovering on the areas you want to change.

If you want to reset the offsets back to default just click on the concerned control and there you are. 

The included preferences are: 

RTH_prefs_1.txt - RTH lights preset with director's cut RTH Settings
RTH_prefs_2.txt - Tom Knudsen lights preset with director's cut RTH Settings
RTH_prefs_3.txt - Standard lights preset with standard RTH Settings (minus cloud puffs on 80%)
RTH_prefs_4.txt - All on standard

OK, the readme is wrong. I drop the lua file from RTH into the scripts folder. The readme says the opposite.

Getting ready to try it.

Bob