Hi guys,

On my system I have fs9. The system is a Quad core Q8200 (2.33GHz, 1333MHz, 4MB cache) from 2009. I really have tons of addons (payware, freeware, lots of traffic, you name it). I specially love airline flying from busy airports and I constantly keep tuning my ai-traffic. This traffic is getting more demanding so at busy airports my fps drop dramatically.

Now I'm thinking about a new system. What kind of system would be adequate enough of handling my fs9?

I found this system for a fair price. Can this system handle fs9 properly?

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4790 processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)

12 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1.600 MHz (3 GB x 4)

1TB HDD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB DDR3

Thanks!

FS9 is strictly a single core program, it cannot take advantage of multiple cores.  The problem with your current system is CPU speed.  Have you considered overclocking the CPU?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I know it is a single core program. Thats why Im looking at that clocking speed. My current system has 2.3 ghz. This one has up to 4. I believe that should do the trick? What do you guys think?

I found some info about that videocard.... It is not a very good one.... My current card is an Amd 4850.

The problem in my current system is the traffic. The graphics are normally very good, I get fine frame rates. When at busy airports it gets very bad. Does that traffic has something to do with the videocard or with the processor? Do you have any ideas on that?

Your proposed system is good except the video card - try a GTX 770 or 760

Edit oh the ram - just get two sticks of 8GB or two of 4GB

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |