Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

VC shadows in Aerosoft Beaver?

I know the Beaver isn't 'equipped' with cockpit shadows as standard but, unless that was my last marble going down the drain, I swear that V2.5 of the Fixer provided them. I was so delighted by this I made a post in the Aerosoft forum saying that there's no rush to get Beaver Extended out of the door!

Now here's the thing. I've just reinstalled W7/FSX onto an SSD and of course Fixer V2.6 was a front runner. LSS, the Beaver's shadows have gone! I've been on the Toolbox route and as expected, 'Cannot find SMAP section'.

Is it me, or did something change?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ron,

Have you added the ForceVCShadowMap=1 entry in the [Display] section of fsx.cfg? That's the new "discovery" which made it possible to have VC shadows in all planes without using the toolbox. :wink:

Tym

That's a new one on me Tym, I'll give it a go....

...No, it was in my fsx.cfg all the time. Must have put it in during a twilight period. :rolleyes:

So are you saying there ARE shadows in the Beaver? :unsure:

Sorry Ron, I thought it might be it... I don't have the Beaver installed at the moment, I'll have to re-install it to check that. The only other option that comes to mind is the the Shadow Version box in the Debug section, maybe it'll work with an earlier version.

EDIT: I remember having some issues with shadows disappearing when I first tried the HD Shadows option, perhaps you can try disabling that...

Tym

You nailed it Tym! HD shadows are there but they are subtle. Turning off HD makes them a little more obvious. Now, which one do I want, subtle or obvious? :unsure:

Thanks mate, the beer is in the post. :wink:

Hi Ron,

Long time no see. All my planes have cockpit shadows, including the beaver... ;)

Kind regards

Hi Stephen, if that's a recent picture you look in fine fettle. :smile:

Hang on, you're a P3Der aren't you?