Sign in to follow this  
ckovoor

xml gauge to FSUIPC offset

Hi everyone!

This is with respect to the freeware Jeehell A320, which I have just discovered. As you may know, this is a cockpit-builder's software, but there are several 2-d panels and popups available. l'd like to adapt it completely for use with my touchscreen-based simulator which comprises 6 touchscreen monitors across which the 2-d panels can be distributed in their correct relative locations.
To do this I am considering creating the remaining 2-d panels by
(i) utilising various available 2-d panel bitmaps for the A320
(ii) creating xml gauges (mainly korry switches and knobs) to be mounted on these bitmaps
(iii) linking these xml gauges to the FSUIPC offsets which Jeehell has published

With respect to step (iii) I understand that an xml gauge cannot write directly to an FSUIPC offset, but I also understand that an xml gauge can store information about its state in an L:Var and that L:Var can be read/written to by FSUIPC. Since I would be creating the L:Var, identifying it would not be a problem.
The sources for this information are:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/inde...toring_Strings
and
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/299204-...g-string-data/

Would anyone be able to comment on the correctness or otherwise of my understanding?

Thank you very much for your time and trouble!

Regards,

Chakko.

Thank you for your pointers.

I am in the process of writing and debugging (  :Bug:......Shame%20On%20You.gif....... :o) my linked XML and LUA scripts, and so far, everything has worked well. :lol: Thank you!