Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Weird fear

I really don't know how I will perform on finals with controls "switched"

Should have practised at home then. :rolleyes:

All this chat is getting me in the mood for another LevelD flight ……what should I choose ……767?……I need some more pics.  :Cuppa:

Good luck & have loads of fun!! Whenever you in Cape Town, come fly our Avro Shackleton & our  Impala (South African Air Force designation of the Aeromacchi MB-326K trainer)

Regards,

Robin

Thanks! It sure will be a memorable experience.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

And yes it was. :)

I needed at least 12 hours to get my impressions straight, lol. It was amazing! It felt so real that my palms were sweating all the time. It really felt you are in control of a 60 ton airplane. And as I said, full-motion isn't needed because I felt motion sicknes in two brief moments, turning after takeoff and final turn to line up for a final. That curved projection around the plane certainly gives your brain enough information that you are actually in a plane, amazing.

First thing that I noticed is how sensitive the yoke is and still is ultra precise, pure analog feel, as in the real 737. Other thing that is a lot different  when you are in front of a monitor is scanning. You can see all the relevant info (speed, descent rate, altitude) in 20 inch area on the monitor, but in the real cockpit you will be confused a lot when you must watch 3 or 4 parameters in the same time on approach and final, while keeping your eyes on runway and keeping the plane perfectly balanced. I managed to keep the plane steadily at 200kts/3000ft all the time, and did a pretty smooth approach and landing, the Captain said I did a pretty good job for a first time. Yeah, simming paid off lol. Next time I will record the whole flight with my DSLR and will share it here.

I'm back to FSX until I'm back in the FlyNG academy, and that will be in a week or two, I can't wait.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.