Sign in to follow this  
bbildik

PMDG 777 can't maintain altitude

Pmdg777 can't maintain the altitude while the Autopilot is on. It's loosing and gaining +/- 50-100ft and it's not normal. Any ideas or fixes?

One more thing about the "Landing Altitude" Eicas msg during preflight, is nonnormal. It dissapears once you pull out and push back the landing altitude switch. Normally there is no msg in the real aircraft.

(Guys, I'm a 777pilot, so please don't try to explain that this is normal)

Cheers!

One more problem during finals, when you disengage the autopilot, the aircraft should be in mis-trim, so you don't have to change the control coloum too much in order to control the plane. But in the sim, when you put the autopilot off, the aircraft starts to change attitude!

It ahould keep the same pitch level, more or less

Maybe it's the FSX problem. Not the pmdg's Could it be?

Odd i dont have that

I think I should unistall and install back in. Looks like it's only me. Thinking of any fsx problems could be the result?? Anyways, thanks guys

I think I should unistall and install back in. Looks like it's only me. Thinking of any fsx problems could be the result?? Anyways, thanks guys

Make sure to read the section on unregistering first if you do decide to uninstall/reinstall.

For what it's worth, an uninstall/reinstall is not the silver bullet everyone claims it is. It's usually better to troubleshoot and eliminate all other options first.

Kyle Rodgers

Pmdg777 can't maintain the altitude while the Autopilot is on. It's loosing and gaining +/- 50-100ft and it's not normal. Any ideas or fixes?

One more thing about the "Landing Altitude" Eicas msg during preflight, is nonnormal. It dissapears once you pull out and push back the landing altitude switch. Normally there is no msg in the real aircraft.

(Guys, I'm a 777pilot, so please don't try to explain that this is normal)

Cheers!

i have same problem on FSX SE 777 :(

No problems here.

Just came from another test session :-)

Among tests to the FBW system, including remarkable phugoid behaviour when perturbed from trimed FBW speed ( A/P and A/T disconnected ), I  aslo performed tests with AP and AT ON, and  ALT with HDG at various angles of bank up to the limit, and it was able to maintain it perfectly.

And, I also found that the "stick shaker problem" I had reported at another thread resulted from not using a startup state but instead choosing to start the flight from a default sitiation after loading the PMDG 777 into FSX-SE. Given the complexity of this aircraft one should always start from a saved panel state, I believe!  Doing so gave me the stick shaker, as it is supposed to work.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

No problems here.

Just came from another test session :-)

Among tests to teh FBW system, including remarkable phugoid behaviour when perturbed from trimed FBW speed ( A/P and A/T discinnected ), I did test ALT, ALT with bank at various angles up to the limit, and it was able to maintain it perfectly.

And, I also found that the "stick shaker problem" I had reported at another thread resulted from not using a startup state but instead choosing to start the flight from a default sitiation after loading the PMDG 777 into FSX-SE. Given the complexity of this aircraft one should always start from a saved panel state, I believe!  Doing so gave me the stick shaker, as it is supposed to work.

thanks jc, will test more, doesn't happen often.

I uninstalled and re-installed the pmdg. Now the problem is solved. But have another one:(( during go/around just before the altitude capture, speed jumps up and due to excessive thrust, the aircraft overshoots the missed app altitude which is set on the McP. Normally, it should accelarete slower and this shouldn't be a problem.

Any solutions?

Bulent Bildk

I uninstalled and re-installed the pmdg. Now the problem is solved. But have another one:(( during go/around just before the altitude capture, speed jumps up and due to excessive thrust, the aircraft overshoots the missed app altitude which is set on the McP. Normally, it should accelarete slower and this shouldn't be a problem.

Any solutions?

Bulent Bildk

Check here, another excellent video in the "SYSK" series, by Kyle Rogers: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNltEUMutb0#t=17

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...