Sign in to follow this  
Mive1957

DspShow (X,Y)

Hi

The display of the executed command on the MCP Combo version 1 Displays with DspShow seems not working since the new versions of LINDA.

I dont know when it begin since i dont read myself these displays.  One of my friends ask me to test it and i have the same as he has : nothing changed on the displays.

Can anybody point me the direction to search why it happen ?  Does it works for anybody else ? How does DspShow works ? I dont find the function in the libraries.  

Thanks for your help.

Michel

Michel Veréb

Hi Michel

Thank you for the report. There have been some changes to DspShow to improve display updates but the code still deals specifically with the MCP1. It should still output to 4-character strings to MSG0 and MSG1.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to test with the MCP1 - hence the advice to use LINDA 1.13 with the original MCP1.

If you wish to search for yourself.  You need to take a look at the code in common.lua and the functions DspShow(), Dsp0 and Dsp1.  These are located in \fsx\modules\linda\system\.

If you identify the problem then please let me see the solution so I can update the code.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi ScotFlieger

I find something comparing version 1.3 and version 2.5.7 Linda code.

1.3 extract :

function Dsp0 (s)
    if _MCP1 () then
        cmd = "DSP0"
    else
        cmd = "MSG0"
    end

2.5.7 extract :

function Dsp0 (s, f)
    if (_MCP2 () or _MCP2a ()) then
         cmd = "DSP0"
    else
         cmd = "MSG0"
    end

If i take the logic of 1.3 version DSP0 and MSG0 must be swapped in 2.5.7

I make the change in the code for a test and now i read again the messages on the MCP1 display.

Also it seems Dsp0 and Dsp1 are only called by MCP1.  If it is right, there is no need to make all the tests inside the functions.  But this is not very important for the result.

Thanks to show me the direction to search.

Michel

Michel Veréb

Hi Michel

Thank you for the feedback. I will do a test build of the code using your Dsp0 and Dsp1 code and ask you to test it.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi guys,

I noticed the same issue, I reverted to LINDA 1.13.

I am happy to do testing as well as I have an MCP 1 and don't want to be left behind! :)

Thank you for the amazing work you guys do with developing LINDA!

I made a new layout for RXP 530 that I felt made more sense and makes entering fpl and other data faster.

How can I share it with the community?

Regards, Daniel

I hope I am not duplicating a post here. I am having the same issue, but with MCP2.

I attempted to show an offset value in the display. Specifically, I wanted to show the gyro heading value, so that I would know when it was synchronized with the compass, as I corrected the gyro.

I set up a function and assigned the offset (ipc.readUW(0x2B00) to a local variable. I tried DspShow("GYRO", local). That was how the template was set up. That didn't work. I then tried DspShow("GYRO", local, "GYRO", local). That didn't work either. Now perhaps I implemented this incorrectly.

I then did DspShow("XXX", "xxxx"). I assigned that through LINDA to a button. That didn't work.

All of these edits were done by clicking the user tab, then the edit tab, and then editing the file that opened. 

What am I doing wrong?

As always, thanks.