Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

AI Chinook

Hey!

I have the Boeing Chinook bbc47.zip and I want it to use as an AI helicopter.

I've tried everything possible to get it AI flying, but no luck!

What can be a reason why it does not want to fly as an AI helicopter?

I can see it when I use it as a normal helicopter and I manage it myself, but when at that moment I want to use it as an AI, I just don't see it...

Anybody has a suggestion?

Greetz

Jive1

Hi,

go to here http://www.militaryaiworks.com/ they have lots of ai+scenery as well as helicopter ai. I guess you need to cop and paste around to get yout chinook up in the air :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Search for "stemme_as_helicopter_TRG.air " file (included f.i. with ai_helo_s58 on CalClassic website) and add it to the Chinook folder. Replace the line "sim=CH-47" in aircraft.cfg with "sim=stemme_as_helicopter_TRG". Finally modifiy "engine_type=5" in aircraft.cfg to "engine_type=0". You will get piston sound, but there aren't any other possibilities. Otherwise the helo won't takeoff.

To get a more realistic helo traffic you should create separate AFD with runways of 300 ft lenght and 0.4 ft width. Such a small width can only be done with Afcad221 and will be invisible.

Bernard

Hey!

Looking for "a" MAIW-helicopter does not help me, because I have a special set of separate Dutch textures for the bbch47.zip original, so I cannot use any other model set. I need AI airfile for that particular Boeing Chinook.

The problem with the stemme-file is that I cannot find that particular air-file with the TRG extension...

I'm still searching and I will inform when I will have any solution....

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Thank you, Leuen,

It's fine now! At least the Chinook flies now as an AI helicopter.

I wonder....

I've been expeimenting since several years with those stemme-air-files from Holger Sandmann. I did not know about the existence of this TRG files. What stay these characters for? Is there any explanation how and when to use this TRG-air-files? In Holger's texts there is no way talking about these types.... There is only some rather uncomplete explanation abouy when to take which one for a specific helicopter...  And I was not aware neighter that this stemme air file that you advised me now was capable of making a gelicopter fly or not fly...

Strange, all these new experiences now, but very interesting, and ... easier!

Thank you again Leuen!

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Fine that it works, Jive1.

Some helos need "stemme_as_helicopter_1" - the most commun  -, others "stemme_as_helicopter_2" or "TRG", but don't ask me why! Most of helicopters can be used as AI with one of the air files.

Up to now I only couldn't get the Sycamore in the air. 

Bernard

If you don't mind spending some money, you will find Flight 1's "HeliTraffic 2009" a wonderful utility. You can designate any aircraft you want as an AI helicopter. (I have airship traffic as well as an occasional Harrier VTOL in addition to many AI helicopters)... You can also designate any place you want as a helicopter landing area in addition to the program listing any heli landing pad in all of your AFD files as options. And best of all, they behave as true helicopters. Holger's work was outstanding in that he made something available that had previously been impossible - but it's not totally realistic. HeliTraffic AI will make a realistic approach, come to a hover, turn to align with the landing pad and then land vertically. They do the same on take off. And it's all done through a simple interface with a few mouse clicks

Cheers

Ian

You are absolutely right, Ian. Besides that Heli Traffic 2009 can't be scheduled like AI traffic. So as you said, at most it can be used occasionally like I do with a Jetpack and a Rotorman!

Bernard  

Thank you all for the good advises.

I know F1 Heli Traffic, I've been playing with same, but there iw one big desadvantage,  that one cannot make flightplans for using that system.....

Pitty!

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium