Sign in to follow this  
Eric_Parker

Captain Sim B777 landing problem

Can't find anything else on this issue so here goes.

I have flown the Captain Sim B777 a few times and one thing seems to be consistent. On landing, after going in to reverse thrust, the airplane wants to turn in the direction of the missed approach fix. I have seen this happen at several airports and the only way I can stop it from happening is to delete the missed approach procedure out of the flight plan.

I have other aircraft including the PMDG B747 and MD-11 as well as CS B757 and L1011 without having this problem. The L1011 won't let you turn off the runway as long as the autopilot is still engaged. The CS B777 does what it wants even though the autopilot and autothrottle have been disconnected for many minutes. It still turns toward the missed approach fix after landing.

Of course, I can delete the procedure every time but I find it odd to require this action.

Eric Parker

No good. I stopped flying this beast for months and tried it again yesterday. Same problem. Everything went ok except for the 360 the autopilot made over Coaldale until touchdown at SFO, Then the airplane started turning to the right as though it wanted to head into the bay. I had disconnected the autothrottle and FD on touchdown just like you said and that's when it went crazy. Won't slow down and cannot be steered. I have other CS products and 3 PMDG airplanes and none of them exhibit this behaviour. My favorites are the PMDG 747-400x and the CS L1011.

I guess it is headed for the scrapheap.

Eric Parker