Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Need to fire the rudder painter at Toulouse!

The factory is repainting D-AILK....they paint the rudder separately (for those of you who don't know), because it is a control surface, and has to be balanced properly (the weight of the paint, if put on too heavy in one area of the rudder, can adversely effect its performance).

Anyway, as you can see...the guy who painted it (I'm not saying who :ph34r: ), obviously painted it using the wrong template.  I'm thinking he pulled the Emb 195 template out by mistake. 

Now maintenance has to take it off, send it back and have him do it again!  Sigh..Silly painters...that's what they get when painting into the wee hours of the morning. :Hypnotized:

fHlUg1.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Since no burros were harmed the painter should be spared execution!

HLJAMES

Sounds like they need to send it to Dallas where a real painter can tackle it Steve-O :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Since no burros were harmed the painter should be spared execution!

True HL!  But the mechanics were going to make him take it back off since that is a pain to do  :wacko:  

Sounds like they need to send it to Dallas where a real painter can tackle it Steve-O

Truth be known Chris, I think "that" painter may have been on loan to Airbus from his shop in Dallas...and since he did paint an Emb 195 in Lufty colors in the past (in the Avsim library), and "maybe" used the same tail template, he "MAY" be suspect in this dastardly deed!  :ph34r:

Let the conspiracy theories commence!  :lol:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg