Sign in to follow this  
Sarun Intaralawan

MD11 2D cockpit freezes but still able to control the aircraft

As I approaching the third hour of cruise, the whole aircraft freeze, with some weird indication on the EAD, PFD and ND (the pointers disappeared etc.). But still I can click every controls of the aircraft and the aircraft response, for example, I pressed the 'Z' key, the 'Autopilot Disconnect' sound can be heared, but no indication on the PFD, and I clicked 'AUTOFLIGHT' button and the sound stopped. This happened to me 2 times in a row.

Can anyone explain this weird behavior?

Regards,

Sarun

Licensing issue. Get in touch with PMDG by submitting a Support Ticket. Anything to do with screens going blank, irrespective of if you can press this button and that button, is generally a licensing issue.

Can anyone explain this weird behavior?

Support.Precisionmanuals.com

Also, the reason your thread posted multiple times was not that AVSIM was down. The message actually says "Service Unavailable," and not "didn't post." Always best to verify before trying again. Had this been a transaction, you would've been triple-charged.

Finally, full names are required in this forum.

Kyle Rodgers