Sign in to follow this  
crisu19

VRinsight Tact and Toggle - switch change sometimes not recognized

Hi all,

I am using LINDA for key assignment of my Saitek Switchpanel, Saitek Throttle and CH Yoke. It works great.
Last month I bought VRinsight Tact and Toggle panel to assign most of overhead panel switches to it.

Now I do have some problems with the VR TT panel. Sometimes when a switch is changed, it doesn't get recognized, so nothing happens. It's not specific for a special key and happens occasionally. I as well observed, that when switching e.g. T1 to ON is not recognized, then switching on another switch, the previous switch change e.g. T1 is recognized in addition.
First of all I thought it might be related to LINDA, but it happens as well if I just check the switch changes with the Windows 7 game controller settings.

The VR TT panel is recognized as windows joystick without need of any driver.
Does anyone else have a similar problem with the TT panel and got a solution for it?

Christian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Christian

Sorry to hear about your problems.

I have not tried the VR TT panel myself but another user recently reported similar problems with her VR Combo FCU and CDUII panels. In that case it appears that the connections between the panels and Windows were intermittent.  Those were USB to Serial devices but you could be suffering similar problems.

I would suggest you check the cables and ensure that you have the latest drivers installed.

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried several USB ports (USB2 and USB3) of my new ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer board. But in general there was no difference.

In terms of the driver there was no need to install any driver. The VR TT panel is recognized as default HID joystick device with Windows 7 default drivers. Since there in no need for separate drivers, VR does not provide any driver up-to-date for this panel.

Just checked the currently installed HID Game Controller driver:

Provider: Microsoft
Date: 21.06.2006
Version: 6.1.7601.18199

I have found newer drivers here:

http://www.driverscape.com/download/hid-compliant-game-controller

Description: HID-compliant game controller Driver Installer
    File Version: 8.4
    File Size: 2.33M
    Supported OS: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP

I don't know driverscape. Are drivers provided by driverscape trustworthy?

What are the best drivers to be used?

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

Hi Christian

I would not seek any drivers other from device manufacturers or Microsoft. You can check for the latest drivers using the Windows Device Manager and clicking on update drivers.

I would suggest that you open FSUIPC and check that all buttons are seen by this utility and that no functions are allocated in FSUIPC if you want LINDA to have control.

Hello,

I have already checked for driver updates using windows default function check for drivers updates. The drivers from 2006 are the latest provided by microsoft. FSUIPC is clean in terms of key assignments.

I can reproduce the issue by just checking the key switches using windows default game controler panel without any FS related software. I have checked the behaviour as well with another pc and got the same problem. It seems to be related to the VR TT panel hardware or HID drivers. I have not tried with other OS than Windows 7.

So I guess I have to live with it.

Thanks,

Christian

Hi Christian

If you have confirmed that the VR TT panel is not working reliably with Windows, then I would personally return it as faulty. 

I suggest trying a powered USB hub.I had a similar problem with a plug and play panel. I chased all over my computer looking for the error.Turned out to be a low power problem from my USB hub.To many connection not enough juice.

• Upvote 1