Hi guys ,

i need some quick advice

At this moment i have a i7 3770K oc to 4.5 ghz with a GTX680  and thinking about upgrading .

About the processor , i am  thinking to get a i7 5820K with a GTX 980  or perhaps 2 GTX970 cards , offcourse new mainboard and DDR as well

Should i see an improvement  with this processor and what is better 1 GTX980 or 2 GTX970

Thanks in advance ,

Best regards ,

Gérard

Edited by ger

The 5820k is slightly faster than the 3770k and will give you a little more fps.

However, you Fs will be more smooth, as you then have 2 more cores for terrain loading.

At this moment if you have 1 monitor I would choose a 980.

If you use a multimonitor setup ( 2 or 3 outside views ) I would go for 2x 970.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I personally am waiting for Skylake as I heard they are going to be a big step up from Broadwell. I could be wrong however, my research was pretty slap-dash.

Woops I didn't realise broadwell had been delayed. I'm thinking now to wait for Broadwell/Skylake and maybe get Skylake but if Broadwells are really cheap (they probably will be), that could be a good chance to get an "extreme" CPU for cheap.

Before considering 2 x 970s make sure you are aware of the potential issues caused by the way the memory has been partitioned and that the majority of people who experience issues are running SLI and / or high resolutions. You may be fine for FSX / P3D which aren't too demanding on the memory but if you play games there are a few out there that use large amounts of memory and this number will increase as time goes on.

Thanks all ,

think i m going for a 6core 5820 and oc it and a GTX980 since i run single monitor , didn't know about the problems when running dual GTX 970 so thanks for pointning me  this way

I did some research and it seems that you can oc a 5820 to 4.5-4.6 and a i7 4790K also to about 4.5-4.6 allthough the base speed of a 4790 is higher  but the 5820 is a better overclocker  and you get the 2 extra cores , so thinking about going that direction