Sign in to follow this  
RexGrant

posible compatability problem with new second monitor

I have just replaced my 12" lilliput With a 21.5" Asus VS229 res.1920x1080 to use as second monitor for my FSTramp map.

My No1 moniter is an ASUS VK248H 24"   both have the logo HDMI on the front and have the same conectability HDMI/DVI-D/VGA .after I installed the New 21.5" useing DVI-D conecter in the GPU-OUT and Monitor input, I used AMD catalist control manager To detect the new monitor which it did. Restarted the PC but the No2 did not show up with a piture and said it as no signal on HDMI even though it was conected to DVI-D but when I tried to put up Firefox I shot over to the blank screen and so did the curser.

After a while I phoned ASUS UK tecnlcal help. I realy should not have botherd She obvesly Had no idea what was the trouble she mentioned compatability but when I gave here the two model numbers she said she could not find Them  I wont bore you with anymore from asus :angry: :angry: Could any of you gents recomend were I go from here if it is compatability I will have to be returned. It realy is beyond me this one.

Best regards

Rex.

Restarted the PC but the No2 did not show up with a piture and said it as no signal on HDMI even though it was conected to DVI-D

So you have definitely selected the DVI input via the monitor's input controls here?

Never heard of compatibility problems between monitors before.

Try swapping the cables around between the two monitors or use a different cable of the same type.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

If your just trying to use it as a second monitor for other windows it should work fine. As gboz has said, make sure the monitor's input is cycled to DVI. There is a good chance that the monitor will not auto-detect what type of cable it is being hooked up to, most will just default to HDMI. So on the bezel of the monitor you must press the input key (second from right) until DVI is selected and hopefully you'll get a signal.

If you get the monitor to go on DVI input, you may still have to go to your Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Display > Change Display Settings and select the monitor via that window.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Hi thank you both

I now have sorted it out and all is well for anyone that purchase an ASUS moniter The button to use is the 5th from the right and must be held depressed untill you see a change A few seconds.

This is all I made that call to ASUS tecnical pay helpline and ater a few minutes I was conected to a lady and explained verbaly what I had done and could not change the input  She waffeled on for quite a while about compatability I told her the model numbers so she could check compatability of these very latest ASUS mnoniters and she said she did not have them listed :angry: I the not so politly told her she was total incapable to help and said good-by.

All you recieve in the box is a very limited quick start quick start sheet with no informationof about changeing the input signal and a multi language Guarantee booklet.?? from ASUS these days,and download information is also not very informative. my previous small moniter you just kept pressing the input button untill your input recever showed DVI. Once all the set up was complete and the input was showing HDMI no signal recieved  I tried all the buttons avalable numerouse time with no effect.

Thank you both for your correct responce.

Regards

Rex

Now that I can see what is on the Screen and setting it up I see on the menu they point out the input select button. :blush:  surely that woman should have know that. :wacko:

Hi thank you both

I now have sorted it out and all is well

Ok, good to hear.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.