Sign in to follow this  
Boufogre

EFIS/MAP display issue

Hello,

While testing the new update for the FSX version of the NGX, I noticed a small bug in the display of the compass rose of the MAP screen on the B739 United (Merger) livery. It appears over the altimeter scale, making it difficult to read.

Here is a picture :

16123589143_84175b377c.jpg

I am reporting it as I have not been able to find a topic already covering it.

Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Romain Ruppli

After further testing, it appears that this issue is only present when WX is set to display on the MAP screen.

Moreover, I can't have either the WX radar or the TERR to display any information on the MAP display (same plane and config).

I don't know if that helps but I thought it was important to report.

Thanks again.

Romain Ruppli

Yup, I found this during beta.  However, PMDG priority is to get to a stable version to hand off to Aerosoft for the DVD crowd.  This cosmetic bug will await NGXv2.

Dan Downs KCRP

One note that might let you get around this.. Someone that works for United had posted that

United finally did away with EFIS/MAP and went to PFD/ND.

Sooo.. You could switch to PFD/ND and lose the temporary glitch, and actually be more realistic

to the current real world United planes. 

I never liked EFIS/MAP myself.. Being I play Southwest a lot, I was really glad when they did away

with it, with the switch to RNP a few years back.

To me, EFIS/MAP is quite cluttered compared to PFD/ND. It was Continental that also had a lot of

737's with EFIS/MAP for the same reasons Southwest did, which carried over to United in the merger.

From what I understand, United had no 737NG's pre merger.