Sign in to follow this  
rdtv91

Sounds when p3d isn't in focus

Hi Guys,

Quick Q: with the 777 you can have sound remains on task switch as with p3d so when program loses focus you still have all the sounds etc.

The 737 doesn't seem to have this so when the program isn't in focus I only have engine noises etc not cockpit noises?

Thanks

Jonathon Ryana

Was hoping someone from PMDG would be able to advise on this as it's one of the benefits of P3D and utilised with the 777 so would have thought when buying the 737NGX for P3D that it would work?

Jonathon Ryans

I am very interested in this as well.  It's really my only gripe (ok not really a gripe but it would be nice if I didn't lose certain sounds when clicking out of P3D to my second monitor).  The option in the FMC doesn't appear to be working as it does with the 777.

Ryan

Hi everyone!

Firstly, sorry for my english...

I just bought the new NGX base for P3D and still have no cockpit sounds on focus lost, as well as engines and the rest sounds from P3D engine continues working, as well as every other aircraft i've tried, stock or non stock.

Please PMGD people, since i tried the dcoc plugin for the DK2 i can't sim anymore in a 2D screen, cause this plug-in splits P3D into 2 screens and the cockpit sounds remains in the second screen (not DK2), for this i can't hear any sound while simming (not only when alt+tab) in VR, becoming unflyable only with the engines sound..

I know both the dcoc plugin and the DK2 are in development and you could tell me i should wait, but i think there's no reason since it's working almost perfect, everything is readable (zooming) and interactive through the HMD, and the only issue remaining is "no sounds" cause the different audio module from PMDG, despite "alt+tab's" for reading charts etc.

I insist asking you to fix this cause it will bring a huge advantage for every one (for me it implies a "can sim/can't sim"), and i think (tell me if i'm wrong) its a very easy "thing to do" to implement an option like "not lose sound on focus lost", as in the 777 (as i read, i have no bought it yet), or if it is so difficult to implement, i can suggest to make the sound persistent for default (i imagine it's a simple api call to win), i think the rest of users would prefer this way too...

Let me know some solution, or something i could do...

Thanks in advantage!

Ok! I'll wait until official support for the hmd maintaining the ngx in 2d, although would be nice if you could fix or tell me a workaraund to not lose sounds when alt+tabbing for reading charts, maps...

Thanks again! this time in advance..

Shame there hasn't been any update on this considering it was a newly released addon for P3D, would have expected the same as every other P3D aircraft including their 777.

Jonathon Ryans