Sign in to follow this  
kbowler

Missed DX9 Update while installing B737NGX

Hi

Unfortunately in my haste to complete the install of the new B737NGX 1d, I failed to click OK when asked to update DX9 at the end of the install.  Although the aircraft seems to work correctly at first glance, I wonder  if something might be affected if I do not have the latest correct DX9.  Unfortunately, I cannot find a way of just running that part of the program again, despite trying a repair.  How can I get to install the DX9 version supplied with the install?  Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Keith Bowler

Regards

Keith Bowler

Hi

Unfortunately in my haste to complete the install of the new B737NGX 1d, I failed to click OK when asked to update DX9 at the end of the install.  Although the aircraft seems to work correctly at first glance, I wonder  if something might be affected if I do not have the latest correct DX9.  Unfortunately, I cannot find a way of just running that part of the program again, despite trying a repair.  How can I get to install the DX9 version supplied with the install?  Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Keith Bowler

If you've installed the aircraft before and are only reinstalling it, it's not a big deal. The DX9 install will still be there from last time (and you likely have a newer version anyway).

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle

Thanks for your reply.   As it happens, after I posted the above, I realised that the PMDG B777 had also been updated.  In the process of installing the update for that, the DirectX update ran again.  In fact, DirectX was up to date already, though I did not know it when I posted the request.  I vaguely remember seeing this happen when I installed the A2A Cessna 182T a few weeks ago!   Incidentally, your advice on how to install the B737 and B777 updates on the web-site was spot on and everything went smoothly as far as the updating process was concerned.

Thanks again,

Keith Bowler

Regards

Keith Bowler