Sign in to follow this  
cagrikartal

FMC message on eicas for no reason

hi folks

After a complet reinstall of windows and all pmdg and fsx  products reinstalled, at my first flight as KAL53, i get a FMC message on  eicas while there is nothing wrong on fmc. It seems like and old issue that i recall discusing  before service packs were out...

Any body has an idea ?

thanks

If it happens constantly then that would be annoying.

But if it was only once then I would disregard it.

Rob Robson

After a complet reinstall of windows and all pmdg and fsx  products reinstalled, at my first flight as KAL53, i get a FMC message on  eicas while there is nothing wrong on fmc. It seems like and old issue that i recall discusing  before service packs were out...

Any body has an idea ?

Note that the message is in white. White messages don't mean "problem." Yellow and red messages indicate problems, so there's no reason to assume something is wrong with a function if it's displayed in white (else, "CABIN READY" would be a problem as well).

The *FMC on the EICAS means "pay attention to the FMC." The FMC scratchpad will have a message displayed on it that you probably just clicked CLR for without reading it (else you wouldn't have needed to post this thread).

Usual times this gets displayed:

• ROUTE import prompts
  • PERF import
  • WIND import
  • DES FORECAST import; and (most likely for periodic *FMC displays)
  • ALTN LIST UPDATES

Kyle Rodgers

Note that the message is in white. White messages don't mean "problem." Yellow and red messages indicate problems, so there's no reason to assume something is wrong with a function if it's displayed in white (else, "CABIN READY" would be a problem as well).

The *FMC on the EICAS means "pay attention to the FMC." The FMC scratchpad will have a message displayed on it that you probably just clicked CLR for without reading it (else you wouldn't have needed to post this thread).

Usual times this gets displayed:

• ROUTE import prompts
  • PERF import
  • WIND import
  • DES FORECAST import; and (most likely for periodic *FMC displays)
  • ALTN LIST UPDATES

i have exported wind and route it came to tel me route or wind is ready to load, i ve loaded them then it didn't go. it went out at somewhere in midway enroute.

But Thanks for the explenation

i have exported wind and route it came to tel me route or wind is ready to load, i ve loaded them then it didn't go. it went out at somewhere in midway enroute.

But Thanks for the explenation

I posted all of the other options it could be. You only mentioned you covered a couple of them, so it was probably one of the others. Regardless, if you're unsure of why it's there, go to the FMC COMM page and it'll tell you.

Kyle Rodgers

aaaaah that FMC message, lol....what was I thinking.

Got my head in too many things at the same time.....VAS test to KLAX, installing Win 7 on my my Laptop (upgraded to an SSD), and trying to answere forums.

It had to go wrong somewhere.

Rob Robson