Sign in to follow this  
aerostar

ASNext WXR in Car C550

Can it be done ?

I have Active Sky Next and was wondering if the weather radar can be used with the C550 ...

Maybe someone has managed to install it in the VC or create an overlay on the existing display....

....or maybe someone can task themselves with doing that ?

Don't know when or if Carenado would get round to getting it working...

aero

P.S.   Does anyone know if the ISG Panel mod can use ASN weather radar..?

Sorry guys...   It DOES work...   just got it set and looks good in the default screen..   woohoo

aerostar

http://gyazo.com/14b29d65bc2b4df87f95c019abb03e52

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Yes ASN weather integration in an existing MFD (not standalone gauge) would be amazing.

You mean ASN weather can be seen in the MFD WX  mode ?

This is true but is irrelevant from ASN.

They are the FSX clouds interpreted in a top down (kind of) view.

ASN weather injection in FS and gauge display works completely different.

It puts & shows precipitation where it actually is laterally and vertically based on aircraft altitude & radar tilt with data deriving  from real world sources (satellite imagery, ground radars, METARs etc. live data)

Any link for the ISG modification in panel.cfg ?

Disregard, found it.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Thanks for that Kyprianos, now I see that...

nothing like the PMDG 737 radar returns for weather or terrain.

Regarding the ISG Panels and MODs ... JanekBin has been updating the files and you could PM

him for the latest. Love having the extra clickspots ... makes life so much easier.

aerostar

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Yes ASN weather integration in an existing MFD (not standalone gauge) would be amazing.

You mean ASN weather can be seen in the MFD WX  mode ?

This is true but is irrelevant from ASN.

They are the FSX clouds interpreted in a top down (kind of) view...

Kryprianos,

I'd be interested in your thoughts on how Carenado is depicting WX Radar returns in its default mode. I have been playing with it some and I agree with your premise to a point. It is a top down depiction. However, It also seems to know when precipitation is present or not and if you are within a certain altitude of that precipitation. Outside of that altitude I can tilt all day long and not see a thing. Inside of that altitude it seems tilt matters a little but not much. I also painted hazardous weather to fly into it and discover REX injected turbulence as well.  Luck of the draw? Maybe. Correct representation of hazardous returns? Jury is still out in my book.

IMHO it does not operate like a real weather radar. Then again I have yet to find any weather radar program for FSX that works correctly.

I have no idea Ken !

My opinion is from what I have read in forums until now regarding other radars - apart from ASN - like the WX radar gauges of:

- RealityXP

- Captainsim

- Majestic Dash8 Q400

- Leonardo MD82

All of them have WX radars just like Carenado's - lets call them "simple" -  with the exception of Q400 which includes an excellent terrain mode.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440