Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Jetmax CDU with 737NGX

Hello Vernon,  Not using  the jetmax but I do use the Goflight MCP and EFIS   with the 737X  which I have no problems with and  it also works with the 777 even though  appearance wise there are differences but as there is no one else to see this, I am not troubled.

Well i just got the CDU and it needs to be set up like a 2nd monitor but i'm having troubles. 

Vernon Howells

Hi Vernon...

I have the JetMax CDU and the entire setup including overhead. It all works well.

To set-up, you need to:

1. Install the CDU software from the TEKwork.CA website.

2. Install the PMDG module from JetMax / FDS And configure for the CAPTAIN side.

3, Configure the GUAGE00 line in the panel.cfg for the respective 737NGX variant(s) you are flying (800, 900, etc.) To reduce the 2D panel to the display window only. As I recall, thre was only one change for me as sub-types such as 800WL alias the core model panel.cfg.

The CDU software must be running prior to loading the 737NGX and will power up once the supported aircraft is loaded in FSX (P3D). You can then undock the 2D window for the CDU and drag / resize to the CDU monitor.

It is tricky to setup but I love mine. It is a solid bit of kit.

If you are having specific challenges, let me know and I will try to help.

...Robert

Ok thanks i got it working :) i have done all 3 above! 

One problem is if i come out of full window mode to check for example active sky next or even google, The CDU window from the NGX resets from the FDS CDU i have to keep moving it back?

Fancy sending some photos of your Overhead panel and your setup? Mine is on the NGX forum i just posted some pics up

Vernon Howells