Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Center tank not feeding

Hi all:

I have a problem here that I really didn't know where to take it so I brought it here. In FSX I've been flying various bizjets and settled in on the ESDG Citation X. Well, something has gotten corrupted along the way which results in the center fuel tank not feeding automatically as it is supposed to, and used to at one time in this aircraft. Similar to the B737 the center tank is supposed to feed automatically until close to empty, then fuel is drawn from the wing tanks. Right now with this aircraft in my system, the ESDG Citation X, the fuel is feeding from the wing tanks only. In order to cause the center tank to feed I must turn on the switches that override the automatic system to feed from the center tank. Something is screwed up. I checked the .cfg file for the ESDG Citation X and there are no entries for the fuel tank order. I tried loading a default 737, exiting FSX, then launching FSX and loading the Citation. Thought that would work but no joy.

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to clear this up.

Thanks

First you'll need to register in our forums since we don't do product support here..

Second, the corruption is the fact that you misunderstand the role of center tank ballast w/the CX.

A users offered the following.

I use the total from fuelplanner and add an additional 500 pounds to the center tank for ballast. I always land at my destination with close to 1500 pounds of reserve and my 500 pounds of ballast.
The 500 pounds of ballast will actually go up or down depending you your flight, but I just use 500 rather than figure out the exact amount of ballast required everytime.

Oh there is a spreadsheet for CX fuel load Weight and Balance available on our Downloads Page. http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/downloads.htm

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Easy Ron.... I'm not asking for ESDG product support. This is a broader FSX question. And I do understand the role of the center tank feeding the wing tanks in the CX. What I tried to say above is that the center tank is not feeding anything at all. I suspect that, as often happens in FSX and others, that one of the aircraft I had loaded earlier set a flag somewhere in the sim that is preventing the wing tank from feeding the wing tanks with the fuel transfer switches in Normal.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Problem solved by loading an earlier flight with a similar aircraft with a center tank that was feeding correctly. After loading the flight I moved the aircraft to my desired location and shut down FSX. Then restarted and selected the aircraft of interest here and voila! center tank feeding properly. This trick has gotten me out of deep holes in the past. Good reason to have a library of flights saved with each aircraft used in FSX. Over the years I've had numerous occasions where something weird was going on that I eliminated by just loading one of the earlier successful flights where everything was working well.

You've encountered an FSX phenomenon which loads features, whether correctly or incorrectly, from a previous flight. It often leads to customers thinking errors exist when they do not. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I've lost many strands of hair off my head over the years on FS quirks like this. BTW, I've owned your CX for a number of years now and I still think it is among the best aircraft available to us from the standpoint of reliability, performance, and handling. And graphics as well. Nice VC cockpit and C & Ds simple. Nice touches like click noises and copilot callouts.  I've tried other bizjets, including the most recently released and always come back.