Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin555

Prepar3d 737NGX - 5.1 Sound Question

Good Evening PMDG Team & Community:

Forgive me if I overlooked the answer for my questions below. The literature is quite thorough and lengthy, and I happen to LOVE it :) but can't seem to find info on this... so here goes.

1) Does the 737NGX for Prepar3d support 5.1 sound? I noticed in the ops center, the 737 doesn't have a 'Sound Settings' option as is the case with the 777 (again Prepar3d). That being said, within the cockpit on the FMC, I noticed the (PMDG Options > Sound menu) offers a 2-speaker option and my default sound card option (which is 5.1). When I select the 5.1 option, while I do hear some sounds, a few problems occur: Sound stops working entirely if I zoom in too much and I can't hear any sounds beyond the engines. As an example, if I pan left I do hear the left engine, but I can't hear switches. 

2) Can I import wind + forecast data from ASN as is the case with the 777? 

I suspect the second question is somewhere in the booklets... again apologies if I overlooked this detail.

Thanks a bunch!

Benjamin

The NGX does not have a separate sound set for 5.1; however, it does allow you to chose the specific sound driver and in many cases the driver will handle the additional speakers. The setting is in the FMS PMDG Options.  I have stereo plus subwoofer that works great with stereo selection but selecting 5.1 does create problems such as some sounds missing.

The NGX does not have wind import function.  I believe that will be in the NGXv2 full update planned for later.  Right now, the updates are primarily to enable use in FSX/FSXSE/P3D.

Dan Downs KCRP