Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Aircraft will not visually move after successful GSX pushback

Duplicate

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

P3Dv2.5 with latest hot fixes.

After successful pushback, the wing-walker and the tug move away, but when I start to taxi, the ground bumps are heard, the ground speed shows the taxi speed realistically, but there is no visual movement of the aircraft from either the cockpit or overhead views.

I am stumped as to the cause of this. Any ideas huh.gif

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Solved :lol:

Because I had planned not to re-install GSX until at least UGCX had been released, I still had the FSX version installed which was incompatible with my new P3D2.5 installation.

Solution - Uninstall the GSX for FSX and install GSX for P3D. As simple as that! But took me many hours of mulling to identify the problem.

Great relief :excl:

Cheers, Richard

Wow.. it's those little things that can be a real headache.  Glad you posted the resolution, this one had me scratching my head.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cheers, Richard

But took me many hours of mulling to identify the problem.

LOL. The story of my (virtual) life. Spent hours trying to figure out why Ray Smith's KJFK scenery wasn't working right only to discover that I had failed to copy over the relevant OBJECT file.

"Operator Error" is real. And I am the operator.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Too true, Matt :excl:

Cheers, Richard