Sign in to follow this  
ST1322

Can't disable DX10 Fixer - FSX not running

Hi,

I am trying to quit DX10 and try Dx9 again. I have uninstalled libraries, DX10 is switched to DX9 in both FSX and Control Panel of Scenry Fixer. When I try to load FSX I have black screen (the one where I choose plane) and even if I try to load it, it simply crashes.

Can someone help please? When I keep it on to DX10 - everything works...

Kind regards,

Tom

Tom Link

Have you un-ticked the Anti-Aliasing in FSX config?

Make sure you also delete or comment the two lines that the fixer adds to FSX.CFG, in the Graphics section, which are well described in the supporting document.

Are you using Nvidia Inspector too ? If so you might have to redefine the FSX profile you're using with it ?

Finally, a question :)

Why would you want to get back to DX9 ?  We get better and smoother graphics / performance with DX10, we free CPU from the burden of some operations that are transferred to the GPU, so... DX10 is definitely a better way to go ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

I wanted to test some AI that I have added. Looks like my SBAI models are not shown in DX10, but the probelm is that they are not there at all... in DX10 thay should be blacked out, right?

Tom Link