Sign in to follow this  
CreepChecker

Can't find Livery manager on Operations Center

Have you tried to re-install it, Maybe even re-download it?  Mite help.

I have the same problem. Ive re-downloaded it 3 times, re-installed it countless times, and it still wont show. it says i need to go back and re-download it to get a FSX:SE enabled installer, yet i have an FSX:SE installer because I bought/downloaded AFTER it was released for FSX:SE and it works to fly the default liveries in FSX:SE.

Still not working....

Full names in the PMDG forums please.  Your description of the problem is vague.

Did you find the Operations Center and launch it okay?  Does the OC indicate that the product is installed when you click on Product and the drop down list shows installed products in bold white and others are grey? When you select a product in bold white, the menu should change to items such as aircraft specific settings, livery manager and download, and documents.  Do you see the menu?

Dan Downs KCRP

Did you find the Operations Center and launch it okay? Does the OC indicate that the product is installed when you click on Product and the drop down list shows installed products in bold white and others are grey? When you select a product in bold white, the menu should change to items such as aircraft specific settings, livery manager and download, and documents. Do you see the menu?

I have the same issue. On mine I did a dual install FSX and FSX-SE for both the NGX and T7. The operation Center though still thinks FSX box is installed. FSX-SE entries are greyed out and only get placeholder entries. I have been working around this by using the Registry repair tool to set the registry to FSX Steam then process the updates. I'm using the NGX and T7 exclusively on Steam now so this has worked out fine for me.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I did a dual install FSX and FSX-SE for both the NGX and T7. The operation Center though still thinks FSX box is installed.

That is confusing.  If FSX box is not installed then why did you do a dual install?

Dan Downs KCRP

That is confusing.  If FSX box is not installed then why did you do a dual install?

No I have both FSX Box and FSX-SE, hence the dual install. Both the NGX and T7 installed in both FSX versions ok. The problem is when I go into the OC it says only the NGX  and T7 for FSX Box is installed, so there are no livery manager, downloader, etc, under  the NGX and T7 FSX-SE which is greyed out. 

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I've done dozens of dual installs in FSX/FSXSE during testing.  Of course, the prior versions must be removed, I usually use the control panel, and there's no need to delete files or folders other than what the uninstall process already does.

There is a PMDG Operations Center Log.txt file located in your appData\Roaming\PMDG\Operations Center folder.  Take a look at it and it will reveal if it is finding the occurrence of an installed platform, at the beginning of the file there will be lines similar to this:

15:38:38.999   Loading Settings
15:38:38.999   	Finding FSX
15:38:39.001   		Found FSX installation: C:\FSX\
15:38:39.002   	Finding FSX:SE
15:38:39.003   		Found FSX installation: F:\SteamLibrary\XPlane10\steamapps\common\FSX\
15:38:39.004   	Finding P3D
15:38:39.005   		Found P3D installation: F:\P3D\

If you run out of ideas please submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support. Mention what you find in the log file along with your problem description. I can't remember if the ticket can have attachments, if it does then include the log file.

Dan Downs KCRP

Did you find the Operations Center and launch it okay?  Does the OC indicate that the product is installed when you click on Product and the drop down list shows installed products in bold white and others are grey? When you select a product in bold white, the menu should change to items such as aircraft specific settings, livery manager and download, and documents.  Do you see the menu?

I have found the OC , but there's no entry for the livery manager... I would post a screenshot but I don't know how to do that

Sorry for my english, i'm german

Look on pg 21 of the Operations Center manual, it has an example of the Menu after you select a product.

If you have selected a product, you should have a Livery Manager, Livery Downloader, Version etc. listed in the menu.  If you do not see these items then you have not selected a product.

Dan Downs KCRP

Something is wrong with the installation.  The OC is installed with the NGX but it is a separate program and it's acting like it is unaware of the installed product.  This is not unusual for Steam because they do not follow standard practices with things like using the registry.  So, try something.  Uninstall your NGX, then install the updated installer only (it is a complete installer, not just an update).  See if this changes anything.  If not, open a support ticket at PMDG Product Support and they have some tools to get you going.

The screen shot described the problem perfectly.

Dan Downs KCRP