Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Caterinicchio

Help installing SP -1D for NGX

Hi, I need to know the proper way to update my 737-8900 series from PMDG from Service pack 1c to the new service pack (1d). Do I uninstall the whole thing or just download it again? And what is the 737 installer. This is a question EVERYONE has skipped around. Its listed in the directions on PMDG's website. And can you please make a simple explanation. (Im not that much of a computer expert)

My question too, i've not been able to install it on top of the existing version.

I downloaded the update, when I tried installing on top of existing 737ngx;  I got an error message that I cannot access certain files, directories, etc and then the installation failed.  So I'm stumped.

When it comes to installing updates, you have two options:

1. Install over the top.
  2. Uninstall/reinstall.

If installing over the top doesn't work, then the next logical step would be to uninstall/reinstall.

This is a question EVERYONE has skipped around.

We provided this guidance on this a month ago, which has been stickeyed, here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463861-installing-fsx-and-fsxse-updates/#entry3193096

I understand that people make mistakes, but please be a little more careful with your accusations next time. It would be prudent to have a look around before accusing the entire community, and particularly the developer, of "ignoring" things as glaring as this.

I downloaded the update, when I tried installing on top of existing 737ngx;  I got an error message that I cannot access certain files, directories, etc and then the installation failed.  So I'm stumped.

Full uninstall/reinstall, as outlined here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463861-installing-fsx-and-fsxse-updates/#entry3193096

Not sure how much more clearly we could've told people about this.

Kyle Rodgers

My apologies. I dont think you understood my overtone. I didnt mean "Everyone" in a mean manner, I was just simply stating that no one answered my question. Thank you for your support and again, my deepest apologies.

Cheers!

I meant no one answered my question to what the 737 installer is. Not how to re install the system.

Great, I think that I am in the correct area, here is my issue. Had to re install FSX, and had to re download my PMDG 737/800 & 900, no problems until I wanted to install liveries, (I am not to smart at the new stuff) Could anyone let me know to install, I downloaded and when I went to install (pressing that green button that says install) a window opens to select the file, (in the filter window) Well if anyone could give me any guidance I would appreciate your help. Thanks Randy