Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Crash loading terrain data?

I have VFR GenX photo scenery all volumes 1-8 installed. I have volumes 8 (S.Scotland) and volume3 (N.England), including v3 updates, currently enabled for a planned flight from Edinburgh to Newcastle. However, every time I load the flight the loading bar gets to around 28-32% 'Loading terrain data' and I get a fatal fsx crash.

If I unload the photo scenery, FSX loads fine.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both photo scenery volumes and applied the volume8 patches but to no avail.

"Appcrash" programme reports the faulting module as "util.DLL".

Can anyone advise what I might do to be able to use the photo scenery and avoid the until.DLL crash?

I am getting increasingly frustrated not being able to use this photo scenery?

Thank you,

Stuart

Postscript: I tried a further attempt, after deleting some autogen in the areas which were enabled. This time FSX crashed at about the same point but with the following error:

" R6016-not enough space for thread data".

This may have been the root cause of earlier util.DLL error?

Can anyone help with this problem?

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I tried a further attempt, after deleting some autogen in the areas which were enabled. This time FSX crashed at about the same point but with the following error:
" R6016-not enough space for thread data".

Check your Microsoft Visuals C++ and make sure you have the right versions installed.  See AVSIM CTD Guide pages 6 and 7.  More information at the following link:  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d509d9f9.aspx.

ave uninstalled and reinstalled both photo scenery volumes and applied the volume8 patches but to no avail.
"Appcrash" programme reports the faulting module as "util.DLL".

Does this error reoccur or just a one time crash.  Your system is using too many resources.  I had almost all of the US States from MSE V2 and had them all enabled.  It took down by once extremely powerful system and brought it to its knees.  I just enabled what I needed to enable and the problems went away.  The util.dll error was common in FS9 but never seen in FSX (or at least never reported). 

It all boils down to high eye-candy settings which are taking up too many resources.  There could be something wrong with the VFR scenery too.  If any of the files are corrupted, they will not load and fsx will CTD.

Don't have any other suggestions other than to enable just Volume 8.  Load up FSX and see if it loads.  If so, shutdown FSX and enable Volume 3, see if the crash occurs after this.  If it does, then it is most likely Volume 3 that is corrupted in some way.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

I have previously uninstalled and reinstalled all the Microsoft C++ libraries. As well as both volumes of the photo scenery.

My FSX settings are all turned down with no added eye candy.

The R6016 error, seems to be a result of insufficient virtual memory. I have changed VM from 'system managed' to setting it to 1.5 x my physical RAM. Haven't yet retested though.

Guess I will have to keep trying to isolate the root cause.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373