Sign in to follow this  
swambast

Detroit or Michigan Scenery Available

Well, I sure would be willing to help in anyway. Especially with Google Earth now available, we should be able to get some pretty good satellite shots:Detroit1.jpgDetroitBldg.jpgI would really like to get the airport 1D2 done as well (Plymouth-Canton-Mettetal)

By the way, here's a shot of 1D2. I live in Livonia, and USED TO fly out of 1D2 in Plymouth as a student pilot only a few short miles away. Sure do miss it. Had a second lil baby boy, and was just the practical exam away from getting the VFR license - sooo close. Oh well, I'll go back and get it someday, I know that for sure. In the meantime, MSFS with some satellite/photorealistic images would be fantastic!Here is 1D2 shot:http://home.twmi.rr.com/portalaccess/1D2.jpg[/img} Regards, SteveSystem Specs:MSI 865PE-NEO2-LS, P4 2.8 Ghz/800Mhz FSB HT, 1GB KingMax PC3200/DDR400, Windows XP Pro w/DirectX9.0c, Main: Western Digital Raptor 10K rpm 36GB - 2nd: Maxtor ATA133 7200rpm 120GB - CD-RW: Lite-On 52x32x52, BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 AGP Graphics Card w/official 61.77 drivers, SoundBlaster Audigy 2 w/6.1 speakers, USB CH Flight Sim Yoke and Rudder Pedals

Guest Andy Parton

The new Horizon VFRUSA Chicago covers parts of Michigan, aswell as Indiana, Wisconsin and of course Illinois. The whole area is aparantly 11,900 square miles, and it's all aerial photography, not satellite images. Can't wait!

Guest petepawn

Yeah. I did install it and it is nice. Only please do not follow the instructions by the book as funny things will happen... I first lost dozens of navaids and airports north of Detroit following these "instructions".. Instead install the files as you would normally do adding scenery-add-ons.PetteriVihtiFinland

Interesting info. Unfortunatly, I doubt it is going to stretch into Southeast Michigan that far. But, if it does - consider me sold! Regards, SteveSystem Specs:MSI 865PE-NEO2-LS, P4 2.8 Ghz/800Mhz FSB HT, 1GB KingMax PC3200/DDR400, Windows XP Pro w/DirectX9.0c, Main: Western Digital Raptor 10K rpm 36GB - 2nd: Maxtor ATA133 7200rpm 120GB - CD-RW: Lite-On 52x32x52, BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 AGP Graphics Card w/official 61.77 drivers, SoundBlaster Audigy 2 w/6.1 speakers, USB CH Flight Sim Yoke and Rudder Pedals

Matt Manger did 7D2 which is Oakland/Troy. I live about 1/2 mile from there in Clawson. It's nice to see that I have so many neighbors at AVSIM.Last night I was flying around the payware Rhode Island and I couldn't help thinking that it would be great to have a similar product for Detroit/SE Michigan.If you don't have it yet, I also recommend Imagine Simulations' DTW. The concrete is a little funky and you will take a FPS but it is pretty nice.Lastly, I would love to see a nice KPTK.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest macman4

Steve, if you would of zoomed out 12 mile to the north you would of had my house in the photo lol, Bob

Guest KMTC

>Matt Manger did 7D2 which is Oakland/Troy. I live about 1/2>mile from there in Clawson. It's nice to see that I have so>many neighbors at AVSIM.>>Lastly, I would love to see a nice KPTK. Actually it was my brother Mike who did the Oakland/Troy scenery- everyone gets us two confused. Also, he has finished a KPTK scenery and should be out shortly. But due to a lack of pics there arent very many custom buildings :(

Nihongo, or others - still considering creating this area? Let me know what I can do to help. Maybe Mike Manger can give us a hand here, if he's interested?

Guest BruceFreeburger

I sim fly out of Berz-Macomb KUIZ, using Bozair's FS2002 scenery update. This is despite the fact the runway was bulldozed on August 1, 2003.It's the closest runway to Roseville, so the real time weather is close. I also like the 4,000 ft runway . Cheers, Bruce

Guest KMTC

Hmm, i would of thought that Troy would be closer to Roseville. (or KDET if you live in the southern part :) Sucks that they closed Berz though:(, my friend owns a house at 21 + Romeo plank not too far from the airport...

Guest KMTC

A KDET scenery with a landclass will be out soon. Give it to the end of the weekend and it will be uploaded. No custom buildings though- all default.

Guest usajet93

I think all of use from the detroit area should get together to create some monster Flightsim addons. What you guys say.

That was great to see that file in the library. Sorry about the mix up.KPTK will have their annual open house on 8/14. I'll be out of town but I have gone before. Its a pretty good time and you could get some good pics.BTW, 7D2 is between Coolidge and Crooks, between 14 and 15 mile. There is a little park next to the Papa Vinos on Cooligde where the planes land right over your head. The runway is right next to Coolidge. If the airport was busier, it would be a very nice spot.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad