Sign in to follow this  
mechasus

FSX SP2 crash, Windows 8.1, uiautomationcore.dll

FSX crashed about 20-30 minutes into an IAD-EWR flight on the default CRJ-700, days after I had done the outbound EWR-DCA with no problems. Running in compatibility mode for Vista SP2. Addons running were Traffic X and various World of AI packs. Here are the results from the event log:

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll
Report Id: 79a363f1-e2c5-11e4-82a0-f80f41c84939
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

- System
    - Provider
      [ Name] Application Error
    - EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2      

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2015-04-14T16:44:11.000000000Z

EventRecordID 48072

Channel Application

Computer family-pc

Security

- EventData

fsx.exe

475e17d3

uiautomationcore.dll

54503bf7

c0000005

00004ec8

1d44

01d076ce5471accc

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll

79a363f1-e2c5-11e4-82a0-f80f41c84939

Run a system scan.  Looks like your system is corrupted.  Here's how to run the scan - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833. The faulting module is a system module and has nothing to do with FSX.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I did try a solution posted on other sites to download a fresh copy of "uiautomationcore.dll" and paste it to the FSX folder. It seemed to work under the circumstances that triggered this crash, however another DLL (igdumdim32.dll) is causing crashes that trigger when exiting the menu back to the sim. Updating the video driver will not work in this case, it is up to date.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: igdumdim32.dll, version: 10.18.10.3355, time stamp: 0x52839a84
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000c25c1
Faulting process id: 0x11dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d07700e3e3e2e4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\igdumdim32.dll
Report Id: ce3f6eca-e2f9-11e4-82a0-f80f41c84939
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

fsx.exe      
475e17d3      
igdumdim32.dll      
52839a84      
c0000005      
000c25c1      
11dc      
01d07700e3e3e2e4      
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe       C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\igdumdim32.dll      
ce3f6eca-e2f9-11e4-82a0-f80f41c84939

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll...I did try a solution posted on other sites to download a fresh copy of "uiautomationcore.dll" and paste it to the FSX folder.

That's a good start keep it there. Your error log shows that the system version of UiAutomationcore.dll is loading and that will crash. UiAutomationcore.dll v6.0.5840.16386 is 32bit, and should be placed in the FSX program files folder (where we find FSX.EXE), dlls found there by FSX are loaded first. If it's not found there then UiAutomationcore.dll that comes with Windows will be loaded and in Win7 and Win8 it's not strictly compatible with FSX.

igdumdim32.dll errors could be some problem with the graphics driver or other graphics problem. Try with no AI traffic and also try updating the GPU drivers.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

That's a good start keep it there. Your error log shows that the system version of UiAutomationcore.dll is loading and that will crash. UiAutomationcore.dll v6.0.5840.16386 is 32bit, and should be placed in the FSX program files folder (where we find FSX.EXE), dlls found there by FSX are loaded first. If it's not found there then UiAutomationcore.dll that comes with Windows will be loaded and in Win7 and Win8 it's not strictly compatible with FSX.

This worked. It got rid of the uiautomationcore.dll crash, but now igdumdim32.dll is causing crashes.

igdumdim32.dll errors could be some problem with the graphics driver or other graphics problem. Try with no AI traffic and also try updating the GPU drivers.

I already said:

Updating the video driver will not work in this case, it is up to date.

Would rolling back an update be a possibility or switching to DX10? I hear some people saying they don't have the problem with DX10.

Try eliminating the Ai traffic...

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I'm late by a month in posting to this thread, so I hope my info will still be valid in helping with the igdumdim32.dll error.

This file is related to the Intel graphics drivers found in all of the latest Intel Core i series chips, from Sandy bridge to the current Haswell. So although you mention that your drivers are up to date, I believe your reference is to the ATi/AMD card or the nVidia card you have. And it does not matter what brand of board we have, you will find the Intel video ports on the back built in, and with basic Microsoft reference drivers active. In most BIOS, you can turn this graphics driver off, and your problem will stop but it's not fixed. Your system will then only use the discreet (plugged into the PEG (PCIe Extended Graphics) slot) add-on video card you have in your system. To really fix the error though, use a tool like CPUID or GPUID to identify which Intel graphics chipset you have, it should be one of the HD 4000 series, then go to either you board manufacturers website, or the Intel web site and download the latest driver. Make sure to differentiate between the desktop chipset and the mobile laptop chipset. Install it and your igdumdim32.dll error should be a thing of the past.

Now while I indicated that you can turn off the Intel graphics in the BIOS, it is actually a very usefull extra video subsystem that can be used in conjunction with your add-on video card. In my case I have four ports on my discreet card, 1 x DVI, 1 x HDMI and 2 x miniDP. Then on my motherboard, my system a brand new home build a few months old, I have a built in 1 x VGA, 1 x DVI and 1 x HDMI. Intel can now drive three sceens off their latest video chipset. And I have tested it, I got 7 screens running off my system, and not bad frame rates either, 16 to 20FPS with enabled ASN and Orbx scenery and others, with all screens driven with high detail. My current setup is five screens though off this same system below in my signature, running at an average of 30FPS with high FSX settings.

So sorry slightly off topic im my last parapgraph but indicating why you should fix the onboard video, and then use it in a multiscreen setup.

Cheers

Andrew Brown