Sign in to follow this  
LibsThePilot

Joystick TO/GA Button Causes CTD

Hi guys! 

I have a button on my Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS joystick, which I have assigned to TO/GA. In every other plane, it works fine. However, in the PMDG 777, the screen goes white and results in a CTD. Here is the crash report:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.5.12942.0, time stamp: 0x54d24d6d
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea8e7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003a74b
Faulting process id: 0x33b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d076e9cdcedec7
Faulting application path: C:\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: e1396183-e2de-11e4-a0e9-848f69f5eb5f

Pressing the hidden TO/GA "screw" near the FD works fine. 
Much appreciated!
Alec Liberman

What did you use to assign the TOGA function to your joystck button?

FSUIPC?

Did you use the default PMDG TOGA key combo (from the CDU)?

Maybe your button is assigned two FSX actions or two actions for different addons?

Try what happens if you do not assign TOGA to your button, then press that button to see if it is assigned anything already.

Rob Robson

What did you use to assign the TOGA function to your joystck button?

FSUIPC?

Did you use the default PMDG TOGA key combo (from the CDU)?

Maybe your button is assigned two FSX actions or two actions for different addons?

Try what happens if you do not assign TOGA to your button, then press that button to see if it is assigned anything already.

No, I assigned it through the default P3D menu. I'm not sure what you mean by assigning it from the CDU.

No, I assigned it through the default P3D menu. I'm not sure what you mean by assigning it from the CDU.

There is a keyboard command menu in the CDU (FMC interface). Can't remember off the top of my head, but it's something like clicking on pmdg menu, then simulation, then keyboard commands.

Introduction manual covers the menu options

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Yes, that is what I meant.

You dont want to use the P3D TOGA command.....it is obviously not doing the same as the PMDG TOGA function.

So read the 777 intro guide please......a MUST read......and find out what key combo does what for your aircraft.

Then assign the TOGA key combo to your button via something like FSUIPC or via the P3D menu.

Rob Robson

What Rob said plus use the software that came with the HOTAS stick/throttle controls, Target, to assign the keycommands to the button. Same goes for other PMDG keycommands assigned through FMS.  You can assign a button directly in P3D but not if it is unique to PMDG such as TOGA, fuel selectors, etc.

I don't use FSUIPC for this. Target application works much better and is easy to troubleshoot assignments.

Dan Downs KCRP

The in-game menu assignment is what is causing the crash. I have since removed that assignment.

Guess I will be sticking with Ctrl+Shift+G.

Cool.

But it should be no problem to assign a button to that key combo with the previosly mentioned software options (in case you havent done so already).

Rob Robson

I have assigned TOGA to a button JoyStick with the function of FSUIPC sending the command direct to FS from a long time, whitout any iusse. But suddenly I get a CTD when press this button. No idea why.

Francisco Mateos

FSUIPC TOGA direct to FS should be the same as the original FSX TOGA command.

At least that is how I understand things.

So if what I am saying is correct than you should have always have CTDs with that function.

Unless PMDG changed something to their TOGA function in one of the latest updates. Then that could be the reason for your CTDs.

In any case.....I dont see why anybody would not simply use the Key Combo that PMDG has programmed the product with and link that combo to a button??

It works just fine and is fool proof.

Rob Robson