Sign in to follow this  
wls243

voxatc dosent work

I've purchased voxatc, can't find any demo.  voxatc on start menu lists many items that one can set but no specific order.  Set most of them and no atc dialog box in cockpit.  Pressing zero just brings up 2d cockpit.   I'm no computer whiz but have 737ngs, fs2crew and couple other downloads and no problems???  There seems to be no order of required setups.  I've saved the flights etc but no dice.  just a waste I guess.

warren sherman

There is an 83 page manual that covers setting it all up in depth. Its been a while since I used the demo but it worked fine

Main steps are

Nav data folder  (mine)  E:\FSX-SE\steamapps\common\FSX\Level-D Simulations\navdata

Joystick setup

Indexer

Panel set up

Settings

ZORAN

Also note that the panel set up doesn't always work for some addons.  If, after running panel setup and indexer and the other settings as beerwolfe mentioned, you still don't see your Vox window in your instruments view under "views" at the top fsx menu, then you will have to add the vox windows manually.  Best done by finding a default aircraft that the panel did install correctly to and just copying and pasting those panels to you 737ng panel.cfg file - but changing the headers and the windows to match the next available window numbers that will likely be different from the default you are copying from.

I still think vox is one of the best ATC add-ons available for fsx, and flying without it takes a big chunk of realism out of it.

John

I've purchased voxatc, can't find any demo.  voxatc on start menu lists many items that one can set but no specific order.  Set most of them and no atc dialog box in cockpit.  Pressing zero just brings up 2d cockpit.   I'm no computer whiz but have 737ngs, fs2crew and couple other downloads and no problems???  There seems to be no order of required setups.  I've saved the flights etc but no dice.  just a waste I guess.

warren sherman

VoxATC works just fine if you take the time to "read" the manual first. There is also a fully functional demo that gives you a full 7 days if you take the time to "read" the literature on VoxATC before buying.

Had you taken the trouble to do both of these things you would have discovered that VoxATC is one of the, if not "the" best ATC addon out there and silly statements such as the topic of this thread would not happen.

Yes there are hiccups that happen depending on the version or sim you are using or how well your install went, which is where this forum and the excellent email support from the developer comes in and helps make your experience with VoxATC as enjoyable as many of us find it.

After following these basic steps and you still have a problem, just pop back here and there is always somebody around to help you out.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yes, you need to read the manual, entirely.

Although my 6.50 version has hickups with P3D 2.5.12945 and SDK 12945 (FATAL ERROR / black ATC windows), I agree with two comments above: 1- this is quite the immersive software and 2- the support from Tegwyn is fast and reliable.

He helped me for the 12944 fix and I expect the same thing for my current problem.

Like the new GTN v5, it's just a matter of letting the developpers catch up.