Sign in to follow this  
Bina

Dodosim Bell controls through FSUIPC

Taking a long pause from flying wing-craft, today is my first day learning the helis. Maybe not an appropriate model for a starter but Dodosim's "difficulty lever" should help I think. 

I've been using to set all my aircraft controls through FSUIPC using Saitek X52 Pro. Now can any heli pilot with me his FSUIPC.ini settings for Dodosim Bell - I mean the Buttons and Joystick configuration mapping settings from FSUIPC.ini? I just need it as a background to look at and make my own configuration changes as required.

That will be great and thank you!

Rustam

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Thanks, I found the support forum and posted there. Hope they can help!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

The Dodo manual tells you exactly what the FSX keybindings are (such as Aft Fuel Pump Circuit Breaker = Concorde Nose Visor). So just assign those through FSUIPC like you would any other airplane.

The buttons on the collective lever should be the Starter button, the Gov inc/dec, the idle latch, and the lights. You'll need an extra axis if you want to replicate the wrist-twist of the throttle on the collective stick. For the cyclic, the only thing of importance is the force trim engage/release.

The only other thing I can think of is just to make sure you check the repeat when held box for the Starter button and the Gov RPM Increase/Decrease.

You know what I think about learning helis? Put it on the most difficult setting possible and don't fool around with "easy" stuff. Why bother developing sloppy muscle memory and bad control habits using interim settings!