Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

TrackHat Question

When I'm in the cockpit , I barely move my head and the view changes quickly. I'm using the TrackHat and FaceTracknoir and if I move the hat about two inches I'm looking behind me. The way it's set up now I know I will get airsick. My smoothing is turn way down to number 1. Everything else seems to be ok.

When I'm in the cockpit , I barely move my head and the view changes quickly. I'm using the TrackHat and FaceTracknoir and if I move the hat about two inches I'm looking behind me. The way it's set up now I know I will get airsick. My smoothing is turn way down to number 1. Everything else seems to be ok.

Smoothing will not affect the amount of movement, it will only remove any jerkiness and damp out the movement to make it easier for your view to remain stationary (for operating switches etc). Open FaceTrackNoIR and make sure that the tracker is stopped. Check that the game protocol is FSX SimConnect. You may have already done this but, if you haven't, in the Tracker Source box (1st - should be PointTracker 1.1) click on settings and select model. Make sure that Cap is selected and check that the model dimensions match your cap LED spacing and adjust if necessary. Click on Calibrate below the dimensions box then slowly move your head around whilst keeping your shoulders still (only left/right/up/down, no sideways or vertical movement of your head) - don't stay in one position for too long and make sure that you can still easily see the screen at the limit of each movement. As soon as the values stabilize sufficiently, press the Calibrate button again to stop the calibration process. Restart the tracker and try it in FSX. If you still have too much movement/sensitivity, select the Curves option (bottom right of the main FaceTrackNoIR screen). The horizontal scale for each curve is the amount you move your head. The vertical scale is the amount the view changes in FSX. Try moving the point at the top of the yaw graph (180 deg output) further to the right - I have mine set at about 35 degrees of head movement for 180 degrees of view change. 50 degrees of head movement is the maximum but, to be honest, at this setting I find it difficult to easily look at the monitor. If you find that this is still too sensitive you just need to persevere with it - most people quickly get used to it. Play around with the curves and add or remove points until you're happy with the result. You want to keep the curve a little flatter at the bottom so that it's less sensitive when you're just looking around the cockpit.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit