Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Possible method for using FSNav on client PC with WideFS

Guest dswo

If you're still reading, you know why this is (a) desirable and (:( hard if not impossible to do. I was just reading, however, the recent thread on J

Dave,I'm not sure of your reasons for wanting to run FSNav on a separate PC but if it's for its moving map facility (and not flight planning purposes) then I wouldn't go down the route you suggest.Instead I would recommend FS Flight Tracker. This isn't a flight planning tool but one aspect of this powerful package is miles better than FSNav and that is its moving map feature. It shows all the parking gates, taxiways (plus names), runways, navaids and most importantly... Ai aircraft!It runs on either the FS PC or via WideFS and adds so much to your flight. I never fly without it now. Take a look at the screenshots on this link www.molitor-home.de/fs/FLKeeper/Screenshot07a.htmlCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Instead I would recommend FS Flight Tracker. This isn't a flight planning tool but one aspect of this powerful package is miles better than FSNav and that is its moving map feature. It shows all the parking gates, taxiways (plus names), runways, navaids and most importantly... Ai aircraft!It runs on either the FS PC or via WideFS and adds so much to your flight. I never fly without it now. Take a look at the screenshots on this link www.molitor-home.de/fs/FLKeeper/Screenshot07a.htmlRay:Just for the record and to avoid confusion you actually mentioned two different products in your post. FS Flight Tracker can be found here: http://www.joekat.com/product_info_ft.htmlYour link was for FS Flight Keeper which is a different program and the one with the moving map.Todd

Todd,Aarrgghh! Thanks for pointing that out. I possibly had FS Flight Tracker in my head because I uninstalled it yesterday. Sorry for any confusion.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>If someone finds a way around this, like maybe running a>reduced overhead version of FS, I would be very happy to hear>it. I suspect, though, that many have tried and none have>succeeded.Actually, that is the only way it is possible to "run FSNav on a separate computer."However, even though it's possible, there are so, so many "issues" with keeping the connection rock solid, and the lag time in responding to control inputs from FSNav to the "host aircraft," that it's simply not worth the bother!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator