Sign in to follow this  
Pietrogramma

Trackir 5 how i can change the point of view?

Hallo, I use the Trackir5 with P3d ver. 2.5 and I found it fantastic.

If the default profile of the point of view is perfectly, for some airplane it is wrong.

For my VFR flight I use the Alabeo's C207 and Trackir is wonderfull for look around the cockpit but when I see in front, the dashboard is too high and I don't see the horizon or the taxiways etc. I must lift the body on the chair but this is very unconfortable.

There is a way for change the point of view so I can lift the view over the dashboard and allow me see over the dashboard the horizon the taxiways etc.?

Thanks and bye-bye

PS sorry my bad english :-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

While in the flight sim on pause, use the TrackIR F12 button calibrate function. Hitting F12 will center the viewpoint. But if you find the viewpoint awkward, you can look either up or down a bit hit F12 and the top and bottom of the field of vision will adjust. You can also move either back away from the screen or move closer and then hit F12 to change  the width of the field of view. With a bit of experimentation, you can get the view just right for your comfort.

For example, I tend to want to be able to see from the top of the windshield to the edge of the pilot seat, so I look  at approximately directly at the TrackIR  (rather than at the center of the monitor) and then hit F12. You can also achieve the same results by just moving how the TrackIR is sitting on top of the monitor, but that tends to be less precise.