Sign in to follow this  
Olbalbal

Help! Computer challenged

I want to install ORBX Global on my new lap top. I have installed FSX steam edition and it is working well. I have no other version of FSX installed. I am pushing 80 and am computer challenged. My question is: How strait-forward is the installation going to be. If it is complicated, I won't install ORBX fearing that I will mess up and screw up my system. Thank you in advance for any help that I can get.

I want to install ORBX Global on my new lap top. I have installed FSX steam edition and it is working well. I have no other version of FSX installed. I am pushing 80 and am computer challenged. My question is: How strait-forward is the installation going to be. If it is complicated, I won't install ORBX fearing that I will mess up and screw up my system. Thank you in advance for any help that I can get.

It is very straightforward but if you do run into problems there are plenty of people here and on the Orbx forum who will help you out. 

One point to remember is that Orbx also have a discount for senior citizens which will save you even more money. Check here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/54483-senior-discounts-a-joint-orbxfss-initiative/

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Go for it Tuke!

Installation of FTX Global is very straightforward - It's set and forget. :smile:

So just running the installer and entering you licence details is all you need to do.

After the installer has run, a box may pop up called "FTX Central".    If you have no other Orbx regions installed, just close this without doing anything - your set to go.

It's only if you had other Orbx regions that you'd need to use this "FTX Central" to select the region you want to fly in.

If you're using FTX Global, it simply replaces the default textures, so there's nothing that needs to be done with FTX Central.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Craig, thank you for that clear answer. I will go ahead and get that. Uncle_adolph, thank you for your encouragement. 

Uncle_adolph, thank you also for pointing me to a discount.

Just remember  it probably will take  you awhile  to  download it  so  don't  use  the standard download manager,  either get  getright  or  another  download  manger   that will download  large   files  other  wise  most likely  it  will time  out  and  you will have  to start again  to download if  you use  the  normal download manager

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg