Sign in to follow this  
Brittfrog

installation on fsx se

i want to install the ngx on fsx se however as i have both fsx and the SE edition on the same hard drive all my current installer wants to do is either remove or repair the fsx version. how do i get it to ignore the fsx entry?

Nigel.Porter

Full names in the PMDG forum please.

Remove then install to FSX SE if that's what you want to do.  Options are limited if you have or have had both platforms, you can only remove then reinstall there is no repair or update available.

Don't worry about your liveries and settings.  All those will be restored by OC, just be sure to run OC at least once before you remove to allow it to have a current cache.

Dan Downs KCRP

no, you misunderstood , i have it already in fsx , now i want to try it in fsx se on the same drive however you do not have a triple installer like aerosoft, how do i retain my fsx version of the ngx and install it on fsx se without losing the fsx version?

Nigel.Porter

no, you misunderstood , i have it already in fsx , now i want to try it in fsx se on the same drive however you do not have a triple installer like aerosoft, how do i retain my fsx version of the ngx and install it on fsx se without losing the fsx version?

He didn't misunderstand you. You will need to uninstall the FSX version, and then reinstall to both.

Kyle Rodgers

ahhh reinstall to both! that was not made clear by the previous answer, thanks will give it a try

Nigel.Porter